is this enough exercise

Options
Okay! I'm a very busy person...I work about 50 hours a week, wife, and mom. This is my workout schedule am I doing enough or should I be doing more?
Monday - 30minutes with personal trainer and 50 minutes rpm class
Tuesday - 1 hour of cardio (3.5 mph inclined @ 6%
Wednesday - Maybe 30 minutes of cardio or tape @ home
Thursday - off
Friday - 30 minutes on treadmill
Saturday - 30 minutes on treadmill
Sunday - off

Are the walk away the pounds good enough to do by their self?

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing enough. It's absolutely better than doing nothing at all.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I think "enough exercise" really depends upon your goals. It looks like you have made phenomenal progress so far doing this! Remember that instead of adding more time, another option (should you feel like you need to add more) is to up your intensity. Adjust the treadmill to a higher incline, do intervals, etc. Fit in what you can and be consistent and that will get you farther than trying to double the time you spend working out if it isn't sustainable in your life.
  • kelleycochrane
    Options
    I think that any time you are moving, it is a positive direction. I have to say that after running laps for the past 6 weeks, I reached my goal of 1 mile nonstop yesterday. I kept adding a lap every week and yesterday I was able to run the full 10 and half laps. It felt so good to reach that milestone, especially since I have not run in atleast 20 years. Then today I was on the treadmill doing a weight loss program that varies the grade. While I was on the treadmill at a pace of 3.5 and a grade of 10, I realized I was not out of breath. I was able to handle this work out. It just felt like it was all coming together for me today. Hang in there and keep moving.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I think it's enough! I try to get at LEAST 30 minutes of exercise per day. This is what my schedule looks like:

Day 1 : cardio - 45 minutes on the stair master to burn a LOT of calories, burn as many calories as possible
    Day 2 : strength training regimen that works arms, back, and legs, MAYBE some core work, treadmill for 15-20 minutes
    Day 3 : cardio - 30-45 minutes on the treadmill, try to burn at least 200 calories
    Day 4 : strength training, cardio on the stair master
    Day 5 : cardio - 60 minutes of turbo kick class (this is every Wednesday)
    Day 6 : strength training, cardio on the treadmill
    Day 7 : rest (my rest day varies. this week it's tomorrow because of scheduling "conflicts". My rest day usually falls on a Sunday or in the middle of the week)

I feel like a GOOOOD workout is if my bandana is drenched. I have short hair and can't pull it back and I sweat a TON, so if the bandana on my head is wet and I feel tired and SO ready to get in the car and just SIT, I feel productive. I try not to worry about how many calories I burn because I know I'll make it to my goal either way... the stair master is a good way for me to burn a lot of calories quickly and when my legs are sore the next day, I know it did some good! :)
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You're doing more than I am and so far what I am doing is working. I work and have a 7 yr old daughter so my time is limited to. My schedule is usually like this:
    Monday - 1 hr - step aerobics
    Tuesday - 1hr - strength training class
    Wednesday - 1hr -Pilates class (most weeks)
    Thursday - 1 hr - strength training class

I usually miss one of those days because of other obligations.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    for as busy as you are, I think that sounds very adequate. Just my opinion..