Stretch marks actually getting better!

Options
When I first started exercising and eating better I was worried about my horrible stretch marks (14 years old and restretched 3 times total). I read a lot about dermarollers (microneedles) and derma stamps and decided to use them on my stretch marks as I lost weight. I only started five weeks ago with the micro needle treatment and rolled once a week because the redness was down completely after a week for me (most web sites say to wait a month to 6 weeks between rolling, but when I see no redness at all I think I'm ready to roll again).

My process is to disinfect with alcohol, apply bio oil first, then stamp each stretch mark thoroughly with a 2mm derma stamp, then roll the whole area gently with 2mm roller, then apply rosehip oil. The first evening I would apply Vitamin A lotion. Starting the next day I would apply vitamin E lotion for 4-5 days, then aloe vera lotion for the next 2-3 days until I roll again.

I wanted to show the amazing progress I have experienced from doing this. Here is my start picture before I started the rolling (I had lost 13lb at that point):

wk6bzl.jpg

This is a picture I just took (I lost a total of 22lb at this point):

2qxrz9w.jpg

I am going to keep doing this and have great hope that my stretch marks will fade almost completely. The texture of the marks is so different, I used to have something like deep holes beneath them that are now filling in and feel firm to the touch. My bottom marks are fading quicker then the top ones and I can almost not see some of the very bottom ones anymore. When I pull on the stretch marks there is also no pain like there used to be, the skin is actually getting stronger and thicker. I just wanted to post this in the hope that it might helps someone else who has deep old stretch marks like mine.

Replies

• igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Oh I also wanted to say that they are still slightly red right now but they fade to skin color, not white anymore!
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'll have to look into this once I'm done with my weight loss. I had a beautiful belly before my pregnancy. I ended up with stretch marks from my ribs all the way to my knees from it.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Not very visible at all!!!

I wish I got mine from having kids. I got mine when I was 12 and 13 years old.... I was a pudgy kiddo, and boy were they embarrassing because none of the other kids had them. Got them on my hips, thighs, and the small of my back.

They've faded over time, but are definitely visible. I don't pay too much attention to them.... heck, they're part of who I am!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Your stretch marks look cool! I wish I had big tiger stripes instead of a million little ones! And they REALLY faded!! :drinker:
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My stretchmarks are from gaining 2st+ since March this year, due to untreated thyroid issues.. :frown: I hope mine fade with time, they're all over my stomach, thighs and forearms! I was considering the dermaroller, but didn't really know if it worked, might have to try it :smile:
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! You are my new hero! I have the worlds WORST stretch marks from my wonderful son. when they were stretched at their fullest some were 1" in width and span from the "Forest of Zen" to about an inch above my navel. I love my son and fully appreciate what these marks mean I ahve been through as a women, but I would desperately love to finally be ablet o wear a bikini this summer since I will be thin enough for the first time since about a year before my son's arrival 18 years ago. Your post has given me hope that this is possible. I can not thank you enough for the hope you have given to me... now I just need to get the funds together.... maybe that is what I will use my wuit smoking savings on!

I LOVE MFP so much support for so many things! Not just to lose (or gain) weight and changing my lifestyle but with so many other areas as well!
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    Your stretch marks look cool! I wish I had big tiger stripes instead of a million little ones! And they REALLY faded!! :drinker:

Haha.. nobody ever said they looked cool.. although I do hide them from everyone :) I am really happy to see them changing especially the texture and pain/itching I used to have as the skin there was so weak and wrinkled.
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Looks great!

I think you could figure my entire trip next month on my roadmap of a stomach!!
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    Oh, Colleen, I wanted to say that it was not expensive at all! I got this derma stamp on ebay (I got two of them and am still using the first one): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221137036368

And I got a couple of these rollers (still using the first one too): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derma-Skin-Face-Acne-Wrinkle-Microneedle-Roller-2-0mm-/310434672757?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item4847593075

I did go to the pharmacy to purchase some lotions (just generic brand, one with Vitamin E, one Vitamin A, a small bottle of bio oil (I only use this once a week) and aloe vera lotion). I got the rosehip oil on ebay too for cheap.

I am kind of a cheapskate and got the cheapest I could find :)
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Buy bio-oil on amazon! I got a 12 oz bottle for like 9 bucks.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, you look great. and Have given me hope :-)
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wow, never heard of this before. Been concerned about being ugly with marks after I lose my weight. I will be investigating this.
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. I knew there was a way for me to get rid of them.
  • bloodysore
    bloodysore Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow, never heard of this, will have to look into it.
    Thanks for making me aware and for the progress pics!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TaniaCorric
    TaniaCorric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    mine look very much like ur 1st photo, has the bumpy texture (lack of better term) gone away?
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Oh, Colleen, I wanted to say that it was not expensive at all! I got this derma stamp on ebay (I got two of them and am still using the first one): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221137036368

And I got a couple of these rollers (still using the first one too): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derma-Skin-Face-Acne-Wrinkle-Microneedle-Roller-2-0mm-/310434672757?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item4847593075

I did go to the pharmacy to purchase some lotions (just generic brand, one with Vitamin E, one Vitamin A, a small bottle of bio oil (I only use this once a week) and aloe vera lotion). I got the rosehip oil on ebay too for cheap.

I am kind of a cheapskate and got the cheapest I could find :)

Going to friend you because I am cheap too. LOL
    Thanks for lettingme know where you purchased things. After reading your post I hit Google (naturally) and was like okay, I can swing $100 after taxes LOL
  • punkrockprincess23
    Options
    When I first started exercising and eating better I was worried about my horrible stretch marks (14 years old and restretched 3 times total). I read a lot about dermarollers (microneedles) and derma stamps and decided to use them on my stretch marks as I lost weight. I only started five weeks ago with the micro needle treatment and rolled once a week because the redness was down completely after a week for me (most web sites say to wait a month to 6 weeks between rolling, but when I see no redness at all I think I'm ready to roll again).

My process is to disinfect with alcohol, apply bio oil first, then stamp each stretch mark thoroughly with a 2mm derma stamp, then roll the whole area gently with 2mm roller, then apply rosehip oil. The first evening I would apply Vitamin A lotion. Starting the next day I would apply vitamin E lotion for 4-5 days, then aloe vera lotion for the next 2-3 days until I roll again.

I wanted to show the amazing progress I have experienced from doing this. Here is my start picture before I started the rolling (I had lost 13lb at that point):

wk6bzl.jpg

This is a picture I just took (I lost a total of 22lb at this point):

2qxrz9w.jpg

I am going to keep doing this and have great hope that my stretch marks will fade almost completely. The texture of the marks is so different, I used to have something like deep holes beneath them that are now filling in and feel firm to the touch. My bottom marks are fading quicker then the top ones and I can almost not see some of the very bottom ones anymore. When I pull on the stretch marks there is also no pain like there used to be, the skin is actually getting stronger and thicker. I just wanted to post this in the hope that it might helps someone else who has deep old stretch marks like mine.

they look more smooth now, not so ripply as before. but they look really red in the second picture whereas the 1st they kinda look white. is this normal? they do look very smooth now though :)
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    Yes, they are much more smooth, and most derma roller forums say it takes 8 months to years to see results. I am so encouraged by the quick result so far. I only have a few creases in the stretchmarks where before they were really bulging out a lot and very creased/wrinkled. I don't think I am finished with treating them yet and will keep going, I keep staring at them because I can't believe how much better they already are.

The redness is just because it is still healing from the last time I rolled, it faded completely every week so far but this time it is taking a bit longer to fade. I just wait for it to go back to non-red before rolling again because I figure they are still healing and I don't want to injure the skin until it is completely healed.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!