New here, need friends :)

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Dori, and I'm 28, and trying to make a positive change in my life! I have been trying to eat healthy for about 2 weeks now, I'm a former Diet Coke junkie, and I quit cold turkey, and now that I'm through the wicked caffeine and aspartame withdrawals, I'm feeling better than ever!

I started out at 210lbs, I'm down to 205 so far... I'm 5'8 so I want to end up around 140-145, or a little more depending (I am adding weight training and I know muscle weighs more than fat, so my goal may end up being unrealistic).

I am hoping to network with some people on here, for support and motivation, and also hopefully to offer support and motivation, because as we all know this is so important in this journey!

So anyone who wants, please feel free to add me as a friend, and if you want to know more about me just ask :)

Replies

• CiorsC
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting (again) too. I've been up and down so many times the last year I really want to do it this time! I'm trying to get down to 60kg (about 135lbs) and I've about 10lbs to lose.
    I'm also doing the 30 day shred if anyone has any tips or experience!
  • bluemariposa69
    Options
    Hi Dori, my name is Rasa N I'm also new here. So far I've lost 18lbs, (10-15 more lbs to go)
    Its bn very hard but well worth it. I have so much energy N I feel younger thn I did a few months ago.
    I hope we can support N motivate each other through this roller coaster of our ideal N healthy weight.
    Looking forward to networking with you N many more.
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Dori...

I'm trying to make some permanent, positive changes in my life, too. I am a Diet Dr. Pepper junkie and I feel so guilty about the chemicals and aspartame that I'm putting in my body, yet I'm still drawn to drinking them. I have just finished my last Diet Dr. Pepper in the house, and when I go grocery shopping this week, I am not buying any more.

I have about 60 pounds to lose, but like you, that could change depending on how I do with weight lifting. I just ordered the "New Rules of Lifting for Women" book because I've heard so many positive recommendations.

I will send you a Friend Add and we can encourage each other on this journey.
  • hajir7
    hajir7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dori, you can easily do it and you will feel great as you losing weight, I am Hajir, I am 5'4" and I made it to 135 pound, went down from size 14 to size 8, add me if you like more friends more motivations:flowerforyou:
  • jlr316
    jlr316 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi!
    New here too, feel free to add me!
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me! :) Love meeting motivating new friends and diary is open to my friends!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hi Dori,
    My students used to call me Diet Coke... It was all I drank... Gallon or so per day... Been off them since July and totally doing tons of other things right and have dropped 99 pounds since July... Feel free to add me if you'd like... I'm on here most weekdays.
  • wee_mrs_D
    Options
    Hi

i'm just new here as well and looking for some new friends. i'm looking to lose about 28lb or more. Had my 2nd child 17 months ago and need to shift this baby weight. i lost 1 stone at the start of the year but since August when i went on holiday with the family the weight has came back on :( decided enough is enough! i need to do it for my kids as well as for myself .

anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Alidawnt
    Alidawnt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me!! I'm looking to meet new people to help support & motivate me as well!
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    Options
    Please Feel free to add me. I log everything, everyday. I try to reply to posts often. I have lost about 52 lbs so far and have another 60ish to go. I am loving MFP. It is such a great tool if you use it.
  • diva_bishop
    diva_bishop Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new as well, also 28, also a fabulous female.

Add me too! I need friends as well :)
  • chakitab26
    chakitab26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I'm also 28 and new to myfitnesspal. I created the profile a while ago and then just never felt motivated to continue my weight loss journey post-baby! I know that having people to support me will be helpful too!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not 28...more like, old enough to be your mother! But I can definitely offer support and encouragement! Sending a friend request. Good luck!
    Nancy
  • beckyb1031
    Options
    I am new here as well. I am recently 40 and feel like I'm running out of time to get fit and healthy! I am 5'3" and weigh approx 235. (I haven't actually gotten on a scale recently) Over the last two years, I lost 25 pounds and gained it back, then lost 15 and gained it back plus a few extra. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am determined not to give up this time! I need support so anyone feel free to add me too!!