Has anyone used raspberry ketone pills?

Options
I am wondering if anyone has had any success with these? Note: I know FULLY well that you must eat healthy and exercise regardless. I am just looking for an extra boost. I lost 30lbs after having my first child, but it took me an entire year. I ate healthy and exercised, and I kept it off until I got pregnant with my second child. Now I need to lose 38lbs, but I don't want it to take a year again :/ I am not really interested in diet pills though. I want something that's more natural. I tried OxyElite Pro the first time I was trying to lose weight as a supplement, and it made my heart race and gave me a horrible headache. I read that Dr Oz said raspberry ketone pills are an excellent supplement, but they MUST be the all natural kind. It's hard to find any without fillers or extras added, but I finally came across some that were 99% raspberry ketones (the other 1% is what the capsule is made of).

Replies

• minsooky
    Options
    It's a useless supplement, anything you will experience will be a placebo effect. Dr. Oz himself has a horrible history when it comes to diet/nutrition.

Rule of thumb, if it's legal to take, it's probably not an effective diet aid ;)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    They won't do anything for you except take your money.

Patience, on the other hand, is free and works alongside a good healthy nutrition and fitness plan.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a quack. Save your $$$
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have tried Raspberry Ketones and saw no noticeable change, except that my wallet was lighter.

I got the idea from Dr. Oz, then I got to noticing, he has at least 3 shows a week that promote a different weight loss gimmick.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I took 7 bottles and actually gained weight

Save your money
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's a useless supplement, anything you will experience will be a placebo effect. Dr. Oz himself has a horrible history when it comes to diet/nutrition.

Rule of thumb, if it's legal to take, it's probably not an effective diet aid ;)

Ditto!!!! I've taken them before and trust me it doesn't work. Exercise and calorie deficit is the only way!!!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I took 7 bottles and actually gained weight

Save your money

but how much did each bottle weigh? and did you take them all at once?
  • BrianaC07
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's just so discouraging to have lost all that weight, and have to do it again :/ I gain weight really easy during pregnancy and it sucks. But my boys are worth it 100%! My husband is in the Army and they do pretty hardcore PT, so maybe I'll ask him to refine my work out routine :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's just so discouraging to have lost all that weight, and have to do it again :/ I gain weight really easy during pregnancy and it sucks. But my boys are worth it 100%! My husband is in the Army and they do pretty hardcore PT, so maybe I'll ask him to refine my work out routine :)

Just take it easy. Focus on learning to eat and live well. Do things for workouts that fit your schedule and that you enjoy doing. Weight loss doesn't have to be miserable at all.

Good luck to you!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I lost 30lbs after having my first child, but it took me an entire year. I ate healthy and exercised, and I kept it off until I got pregnant with my second child. Now I need to lose 38lbs, but I don't want it to take a year again :/

The slower it comes off, the easier it will be to keep it off. If you want something safe and natural, losing weight slowly is very safe and natural. I am expecting to lose 0.5 lbs a week at my current rate (originally I was hoping for 1 lb a week, but I am learning that that is just not going to happen). So it'll take me a year to lose 26 lbs, and another year after that to get down to goal weight. I'm okay with that. That's a year I didn't spend gaining weight. That's a year I spent working out and getting stronger. Every year I weigh less than the year before (until I'm healthy) is a good year. I've spent too many years of my life gaining weight.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    The slower it comes off, the easier it will be to keep it off.

oh really?
  • minsooky
    Options

It happens. Don't feel down, just think of it as an extended break :) Now it's time to get back to action.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    The slower it comes off, the easier it will be to keep it off.

oh really?

Sorry that's been the wisdom I've generally picked up. If I am wrong please explain. I am here to learn.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to throw away your cash - you are welcome to send it to me instead.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Pills don't work.
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This may be an invitation to BASH... however my intent is not to 'promote' pills.

I did take Green Tea pills (natural) and found it really kickstarted my weight loss a couple years ago. It also made my mind alot more clear. After the initial loss, I began drinking green tea daily and found it to be effective.

I am NOT saying to take green tea pills as a miracle pill...it also has many antioxidant properties.

Anyways, best way to lose weight is to stick to your plan! Have you heard of/researched or tried HITT?
  • extremesuccess23
    Options
    My friend told me about Raspberry Ketones and when I looked at all of the different formulations that were available, this one stood out in the crowd. It has pure raspberry ketones which is supposed to be more effective then the other brands that have a lot of fillers and binders. I bought mine here: http://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Ketones-Dr-Recommended-500mg/dp/B00CEHFV92