Coffee & Calories

Options
How much does one cup of coffee have? I found the kind I drink and it says only 2 calories ?!? is the correct?

I also put about 2 teaspoons of French vanilla creamer and 6 things of Splenda in it.

So just curious how to track it since my coffee can doesn't have calories on the side.

Replies

• amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    2 calories per cup is accurate for brewed black coffee.
  • Hellaine
    Hellaine Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    2 cals sounds about right. Make your own entry for it if you want or if it's not entered in the database--My Starbucks dark roast is already entered in at a whopping MAYBE 5 cals per couple of cups? Love my coffee, but it's the creamers that'll get ya sometimes, hehe :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Coffee's calories are negligible. 2 calories sounds right. It is the other crap you dump in there you have to be mindful of. Look at the nutrition label on your creamer.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yes coffee should be no more than 2 black....the creamer, sugar and, flavored sweeteners on the other hand will jack it up pretty fast
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Oh my im excited lol. I looked at the creamer already and its 70 for 4 table spoons which is why I only do 2 lol. don't wanna over do it. I normally only drink one cup in the morning but was scared it was way over calories cause of it...but finally decided to log it. thank you for your information im glad its not wrong lol.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    This is a genuine question not taking the mick but does nobody in the US just use milk? (I'm in the UK)

I see loads of posts about how much 'creamer' (I assume powdered stuff?) adds to the calorie count and it baffles me!

I drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day and because I use skimmed milk it comes to 100 cals or less.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    This is a genuine question not taking the mick but does nobody in the US just use milk? (I'm in the UK)

I see loads of posts about how much 'creamer' (I assume powdered stuff?) adds to the calorie count and it baffles me!

I drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day and because I use skimmed milk it comes to 100 cals or less.

oh yes, I used creamer, then switched to skim milk for the longest time, now I drink it black :)
  • lilxocrush
    Options
    2 calories sounds about right, some of the coffee I scan come up as 0. I just make sure to measure out the creamer I add so I can accurately add those extra calories into my log.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Liquid flavor creamers are the biggest thing here.
    I just switch to adding protein whey in my coffee as my creamer with some stevia.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Be very careful at Starbucks. A 12oz Latte without sugar is 180 Cals and one of the "coffees" hit 500 cals.

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#view_control=nutrition
  • Zumba365
    Zumba365 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use K-Cups and it always says 0 calories in MFP. I don't know if that's correct, but it makes me happy :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

I always use milk unless I get coffee out somewhere, then I use what we call "half and half" in the US or "half cream" in England (REAL cream, not the fake "creamer" stuff that comes in different flavors).
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

i've tried it with milk, personally using fat-free half and half is a better option for me. its only 20 calories for 2 tbsp and i can use more of it if i want to and still be okay. with the milk it was about 80 cal or so (depending on the % )
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    black coffee is fine. 2 or 5 cals. For me it's the stuff I put in. My toasted almond, extra cream, with a little mocha is about 250 calories. Needless to say I cut out my daily coffee. I can't bring myself to have it any other way..
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Did someone say coffee?!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I use K-Cups and it always says 0 calories in MFP. I don't know if that's correct, but it makes me happy :)

Mine scan as 2-4 usually but still quite fabulous. There are a few w/a significant amount, but they will have the nutrition label on the box (like the chai latte for example is 70 calories).