Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

May 29 MFP Runner's Club

Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
Good morning,

I am so happy, although my daughter had me up again last night, I still got out of bed for my run. I feel great cuz I ran my 5 miles 2 minutes faster than normal. Yeah!!
I added a few sprints which will help me increase my speed in the long run.

Hope you all get the chance to run today.

Mireille

Replies

• Mireille
    Good morning,

I am so happy, although my daughter had me up again last night, I still got out of bed for my run. I feel great cuz I ran my 5 miles 2 minutes faster than normal. Yeah!!
    I added a few sprints which will help me increase my speed in the long run.

Hope you all get the chance to run today.

Mireille
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Way to go Mireille!! I did something yesterday that my friends trainer told her to do to change up her metabolism...I jogged on the treadmill backwards at an incline. It took a few minutes to get settled in and get into a consistent pace. WOW!!! That was tough. I worked muscles that I didn't realize existed!!Of course I did this after my 3.5 mile run as part of the cool down. Try it sometime, it's quite challenging.

Today is my day off for the week! I get to go volunteer at my sons' elementary school ALL DAY!! Enjoy the day everyone!!
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    If I don't hear any more warnings on the radio today about how it's too dangerous to be outside with the air quality levels so low... I will definitely be hitting the pavement this evening.

Good morning lovely runners!
  • Mireille
    Wow buckeyebabe, that sounds really challenging. I wish I had access to a treadmill. Could you imagine how many looks I'd get running backwards outside. lol Let us know if it changes the look of your hamstring area (I need lots of help for that area!)

Kerikikat, that must suck. We still have a very chilly wind here and we can't wait for it to warm up. We get lots of air quality warnings during the summer as well.
    Enjoy your run tonight!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning!

You ladies ROCK. Congratulations to everyone who has pounded the pavement and to everyone who plans to pound the pavement today. Running.. walking.. treadmill.. It doesn't matter.

I ran a over 3 miles this morning. Today was "the hill" workout. If you don't already, learn to love those hills. They make your muscles (legs and heart) stronger.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Morning Love-Bunnies! :heart:

Won't be able to go running until Saturday so put in a extra mile for me. :happy:

Great going again ladies!! :drinker:
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    I run 4 miles on Tuesdays and 4 on Fridays but only 2 on Sundays when my youngest runs with me. I walk an average of 10 miles/week. My goal is to increase my mileage so that I average 5 miles/day combining both walking and running. It gets a whole lot trickier to do this as the humidity and heat kick in here in the South!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Woop! Woop! Just finished 3.25 m one minute faster than usual! Oh boy, oh boy! One extra minute for a shower before my kindergartner gets home.......No really, it was a personal challenge to see if I could do it and I DID!!

Happy trails everybody. Seems like today is a rest day for a bunch of folks.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Great job to all! I've been working on getting 5miles in 55 minutes run/walk. If I can get it in my head that nothing hurts, i can go forever. My lungs are good....it's my knees and left shin that slows me down!! But it's such an accomplishment for me.....I never thought I would run!:happy: :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    WTG Pam & w/wifey!!! :drinker:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Good going everyone!

This morning I debated between running and a tae bo DVD. When I looked outside and saw it was raining I knew I'd be kickboxing with Billy Blanks. But he kicked my butt and I could feel it all day today! I look forward to pounding the pavement tomorrow morning...
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Good going everyone!

This morning I debated between running and a tae bo DVD. When I looked outside and saw it was raining I knew I'd be kickboxing with Billy Blanks. But he kicked my butt and I could feel it all day today! I look forward to pounding the pavement tomorrow morning...

I find his bulge distracting. It appears he has one reproductive part. 1 of 2 that is. I always laughed my way through his dvd. Hopefully you can now too!

I ran 2 miles and maintained that new increased speed. I did other cardio machines before I ran and my legs were angry. I wont be doing that again.
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Hello ladies! I know I've been AWOL from MFP. I've been running just not logging my food, trying a little experiment :wink: Hope you all are well. Tomorrow is last day of scholl for my kiddos!!!! AAAAGGGHHH!!!!
This discussion has been closed.