will my muffintop just go away...

Options
6 months of hard work and i still feel like im not close enough to my goal sighh

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Anyone of any size can have muffin top really, its a case of wearing pants that are to small.
    If in 6 months you haven't seen any results you are doing something wrong. If you are seeing results but would just like it to be faster, keep it up, slow and steady wins the race :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Keep going. The muffintop will go away. . . .do not quit.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    From my readings, lifting heavy will seriously help with muffin top and lowering BF% in general.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Yeah I would definitely get into heavy lifting.
    I see on your profile that you have a quote by zyzz though so I am assuming you already lift, or are at least thinking about it.
  • alanahbastion
    Options
    iv just as of 2 weeks ago started lifting and changed my workout so hopefully this will help,i eat to many carbs ek evil
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    I'm sure that will help :)
    Nothing wrong with carbs. Of course since I can't see your diary it depends what you mean by to many, no good sitting there eating bread all day haha but you need a decent amount of carbs for energy.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It's not always the case of wearing pant sizes to small.. I wear a pair of pants that are actually baggy on me and I still have a muffin top..Heck i even wear a pair of track pants and you can see my muffin top.. My weight has disappeared everywhere else but my stomach.. I have started to work on that area..lol
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    It's not always the case of wearing pant sizes to small.. I wear a pair of pants that are actually baggy on me and I still have a muffin top..Heck i even wear a pair of track pants and you can see my muffin top.. My weight has disappeared everywhere else but my stomach.. I have started to work on that area..lol
    In that case I stand corrected :) I do think it is the case for most people though that its just being squeezed to tight and bursting out the top. I am an NZ 6 which is about a US 00 I believe and would still have muffin top if I wore pants to small.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    In that case I stand corrected :) I do think it is the case for most people though that its just being squeezed to tight and bursting out the top. I am an NZ 6 which is about a US 00 I believe and would still have muffin top if I wore pants to small.

lol.. This stomach and abdomen area have been a pain in the butt to me.. I want it gone once and for all.. :) Hopefully now with upping my workouts I can finally start..
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where your fat goes or comes off of. For me, my muffin top and my thighs/butt are the works. My belly is flat from the side, and my arms and calves are fit. If I lose weight my arms get thin before my muffin top, but keep going and eventually the fat will come off from there too.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It will.. it just takes longer (lower BF%) for some than others. And carbs aren't the enemy. Having said that, I eat really low carb- very little to no starch (with the exception of a small portion of sweet potato a few times a week because the nutrients are just so dang great). It works for me- I get my energy from protein and healthy fats (AND the fat already stored in my body), and a limited amount of carbs (those found in my veggies). I have a big problem with carbs- the more I eat the more I want, so I do better with very little. I have no issues with energy, and I am breastfeeding, am up on average 8 times each night with an infant, and work out 5-6 days/week. Low-carb isn't for everyone, but it is for some. :-)
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Muffin tops are stubborn. I'm already lower than my original UGW because the muffin top is taking more work to get rid of than I thought.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    nsv i got this week is friend told me my muffin top has completely gone. not a skerick of it left.
    and i still have another 29 pounds to lose
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. If you keep up the intense cardio and healthy clean eating, eventually it will come. But like I said, unfortunately you can't pick where the fat comes off.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options