Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cottage cheese

I was going to eat some with my potato for lunch... .It is loaded with salt. One 1/2 c service is 430 mg of sodium.

I am hypervigiliant with salt b/c of my son. So.... the cottage cheese was put away.

Jane

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Not sure about your store, but in a few grocery stores around here they have no-salt added cottage cheese. It's yummy!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    I eat a lot of cottage cheese. Maybe look for a lower salt variety? Or, it's not that hard to make yourself.

Myself, I've never had any blood pressure issues, so I don't worry about my salt intake. It might make me retain water sometimes, but that's just temporary.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    They have a lower salt verion....but I think it tastes a little different (maybe that's just me) so I stick with the regular kind it's less than 20% of my sodium for the day so in some cases the need for easy low cal protein outweighs the sodium intake.

Plain yogurt is alo a good potato topping that has less sodium. =)
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    I know right? Cottage cheese is loaded with sodium ... but ooooh soooo delicious! Hope the potato was still yummy!
  • It was sitll yummy! I salted it though.. so I guess I negated the cottage cheese!!!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    It was sitll yummy! I salted it though.. so I guess I negated the cottage cheese!!!!

:huh: You didn't eat the cottage cheese which has protein and dairy and other goodness because it had sodium - but then you dumped plain salt on the potato?!