no inches lost in my arms......ever!

Options
I will start with my history. I am new to these forums, but not new to fitness by any means. It seems like no matter what I do, it is very hard for me to lose fat in my arms.
Two years ago, I got down to 128 doing intervals on treadmill, & weights after. Arms only.
I then moved to heavy lifting programs, New Rules of Lifting for Women, & Starting strength. I stalled out after two years. Can't seem to lose past a certain point. I know in theory, weightlifting is supposed to be superior, & I really love it.
I am now doing more cardio again ( Turbokick). I am keeping some kettlebell training, & heavy lifts after cardio again. The scale, & measurements are going down again.
What baffles me is, I took some time off weigts in between. Treadmill runs, & sprints. My measurement was smaller on my arm last month. I do not want to lose the strength I have worked so hard for, but I really would like my arms to be smaller one day :-/
Muscular is fine, but the layer of fat needs to go away!

Replies

• deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You are preaching to the choir. I've lost 100+lbs and I swear my arms didn't get the memo.

I think I will always have BINGO wings
  • ChadGebhardt08
    Options
    I'm no personal trainer or even know proper protocol to women workouts but I'd try more chest and back workouts. Alternating a chest lift with a bicep isolation lift, and a back lift with a tricep isolation lift. More reps and lower weight on the isolation.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    welcome to the wonderful world of genetics and fat deposits :brokenheart:
  • jenhelle
    jenhelle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are preaching to the choir. I've lost 100+lbs and I swear my arms didn't get the memo.

I think I will always have BINGO wings

Haha. At least I am not alone =)
  • jenhelle
    jenhelle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    welcome to the wonderful world of genetics and fat deposits :brokenheart:

I was afraid of that. =-/