Pregnancy 2010 - Week 11

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a)wanting to drop some weight before TTC
b) TTC
c) Pregnant

Wednesdays are our days to weigh in, and we have started having weekly challenges. I need help for this week's challenge!

Also, group - we need to get back on this. Hopeful and I are back, and we want to see all the other Mommy-To-Be's back too! Go team!

Welcome! The more the merrier!

Replies

• kerilorene
    kerilorene Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I have been off the site for a few days at a conference but am back. I will be printing out my food journal to show my doctor tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first doctor appt and my first ultrasound. I am so excited! Have a great day, everybody!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I have been off the site for a few days at a conference but am back. I will be printing out my food journal to show my doctor tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first doctor appt and my first ultrasound. I am so excited! Have a great day, everybody!

YAY! So exciting!!

I totally forgot it was Wednesday today and forgot to weigh in, so I'll have to do that tomorrow.
  • aprilm_1983
    aprilm_1983 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in... I think I'm only about 3 weeks pregnant; I have not made my doctors appointment yet. My husband and I have a 3 1/2 year old little boy. I was 23 when I had him and my body did great. I bouned back nicely. I just hope this time I can do the same. I'm so nervous..... so I do think the group is a great idea. :-) thanks
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm 141.5 and not motivated to exercise :( I'm going for my ultrasound tomorrow and I don't know why, but I've been worried and have not slept in three days. Please pray that everything is okay. Thanks :)
  • jalara
    Options
    OK, I'm in... I think I'm only about 3 weeks pregnant; I have not made my doctors appointment yet. My husband and I have a 3 1/2 year old little boy. I was 23 when I had him and my body did great. I bouned back nicely. I just hope this time I can do the same. I'm so nervous..... so I do think the group is a great idea. :-) thanks

Welcome April! I'm glad you decided to join us! There is a wealth of knowledge here, and we're all growing to be a great team!

Yessie - I'll think of you tomorrow. I wish you the best. Try to get some rest, and we're here for you through the good times, and the not-so-good. I've been in that place, and it's not easy. Sending ahppy thoughts your way :D
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    YAY! I gained 1.1 pounds this week! That was my goal! Finally, sheesh. I was worried that I would either gain too much or not gain *sigh. I'm now at 158.1. I really need to drink more water (I'm averaging 8oz A DAY!) and I need to keep exercising for a healthy pregnancy and baby.STARTING TODAY!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi, I totally forgot to weigh in. My days are starting to blend together I think! I will make sure to hit the scale tomorrow morning. My husband is on spring break this week, and we have eatten out every night!! He is such a bad influence on me, it isn't even funny. Does anyone else have someone like that, and how do you deal with it?
  • kerilorene
    Options
    The ultrasound today gave us quite a shock. We are having TWINS! I am happy and scared and overwhelmed and thrilled and shocked and stunned and a whole laundry list of other stuff I can't put words to. We were not expecting that. I joked about it but never thought it would come about. And just as I am trying to get used to the idea, my worry wart kicks into full gear and says, "Don't get excited now, look at all the bad stuff that can happen". I just want to quiet the yucky voice and relax and be happy - but wow is that ever hard.

A note to mfp fans - My doctor was very impressed with my food diary from here and it really helped her gage how I was eating. The food diary is awesome and I will be using continue using it.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hi, I totally forgot to weigh in. My days are starting to blend together I think! I will make sure to hit the scale tomorrow morning. My husband is on spring break this week, and we have eatten out every night!! He is such a bad influence on me, it isn't even funny. Does anyone else have someone like that, and how do you deal with it?

Tahmed I have a husband like that too. He eats sweets all the time and barely if ever gains. I go with him and try to eat something sensible like a salad or have a soup/salad combo to curve the calorie intake. Even a salad/half a sandwich meal works out great. When his desert comes around I only allow myself one big bite and tell him to eat if quickly. heehee

I have so much going on at school and work that I forgot to weigh. I kind of didn't want to because my mom was just in town and that means a lot of good eating and a lot of it. I weighed myself today and I am at 164 lbs. I will try to hit the gym tonight to motivate myself as I see all those skinny people running on the treadmill.
  • jalara
    Options
    kerilorene - WOW! That is fantastic! I am so very happy for you! Relish in this, not many women get to feel that feeling. If I were in your shoes I would be ON TOP OF THE WORLD! I am so very very happy for you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Angela - congrats on the gain! What did the doc have to say? Are you feeling better these days?

Caliwater - what are you taking in school?

Yessie - I was thinking about you a lot today. I'll be keeping an eye out for your post.

I made it back to the gym today for the first time in 3 weeks! it felt so good. I really really enjoyed myself, and I feel so much better. The last week has been hard on my body, and I've really been able to feel the difference. My joints were aching, and my lower back was stiff, and I've had a headache I haven't been able to shake for a few days now. But I feel refreshed now, and I'm relishing the endoriphins.

My surgery is exactly one week from today (for those who don't know, I have a bicornuate uterus and I'm having the septum removed so I can carry babies). I'm really looking forward to it, although I think it's funny when people tell me they'd be nervous. I just laugh and say that I'm "getting my baby-maker fixed". It's a major step for me, and for us. In a year's time we are hoping to be finishing up the 1st trimester, and we're both very excited.
  • yessie75
    Options
    Jalara - thank you so much for thinking of me :)

Everything went well. The baby was very active and kicking his/her tiny little legs. I got lots of pics to show off to everybody. It was a great relief to know everything is okay. I'm such a worry wart!

Kerilorene - congratulations on your double blessing!

Angela - are you sure you are drinking only 8oz of water? what else do you drink? I'm constantly going to the bathroom because I drink so much water, it's kind of annoying!

We went to Olive Garden to celebrate my ultrasound and I had an eggplant parmegan, house salad with dressing and 2 breadsticks. When I came home, I was amazed at the calories! That's why I prefer to eat at home, at least I know the calories before I indulge. Tomorrow we're going to a japanese steak house, they cook everything in front of you on a grill, but I have no clue about the calories. All I know is that when you get out of there, you don't want to see food for a week!
  • Vinbelle
    Vinbelle Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey ladies....hope that you are all doing well. Everyone that is going to Dr. appoint. keep us updated. Congrats on the Twins!! We have friends that are having Identical twin girls. She is due in Aug. but will have them probably in July. Glad that all you girls are doing well...as for me, been going to the gym 4 days a week lately. My legs are really sore from doing the eliptical at a incline of 7-9 for 20 minutes on wednesday. So today and tomorrow are the days that I get to go and then take a day off. Just looking forward to having a few days off of work next week and then a full weekend for easter weekend. Easter sunday is my 30th birthday...so we are celebrating on the 2nd. We are hoping to ttc soon....we only have 6 contraceptives left :) So once those are gone....they are gone. Just hoping to be around 215 by the end of april begining of May...if not lower! My weight this week has been the same 237.5. Seem to be stuck again!! Take care ladies!!!
  • kerilorene
    Options
    Thank you for the Congratulations. I am still trying to absorb it. I can already tell this is going to change everything. I woke up this morning and was so tired I turned off the alarm and crawled back in bed. Then I heard a voice say very strongly, "You now have two babies to be healthy and stay in shape for. Get out there and walk those dogs!" So I did and felt better for it. I am getting more and more excited. The doctor says they look good with strong heartbeats. I went and bought a book on having multiples and am more committed than ever to eat right and exercise.

Vinbelle - Good for you on going to the gym 4 days a week. That takes commitment.

Jalara - I do feel very blessed and getting happier the more and more I get used to the idea.

Jessie - Don't kick yourself for your nice dinner out. That sort of thing is good once in a while, as long as you don't start celebrating daily. I know that habit - I've done it - find a reason every day to splurge - very easy to do, thats for sure.
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey - so how was everyone's weekend>?
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hi Ladies what a loong weekend. I just logged from Friday to Sunday.
    Congratulations Kerilorene, how exciting. I have that thought in the back of my head sometimes that if I were to try I would get two for the price of one, but I don't think its in my family genes.
    Jalara48 I am taking 20 units in college, 4 units of Physiology (hate it) and the rest is for my major of Health Care Administration, I am praying to get done this December.
    I need some motivation on continuing to loose weight- school has me so exhausted that I don't want to work out and ready to throw in the towel and get a cheeseburger and ice cream sundae. I haven't mostly because I know I will feel awful after wards. Its just tough to want to lose when there is this voice in my head saying when you get pregnant all of this work will be for nothing. I know its not true and I will be glad but its sooo tough. Anyways this is a new week and today is my Anniversary 7 happy years with my hubby and I have to defer celebrating until next week during Spring Break. That's life..
    Good luck to everyone this week keep working out, logging, and posting.
  • tahmed
    Options
    Wow, I haven't checked in since Wednesday, and I cant believe all the happy news! Congrats on the Twins! My husband wants twins so bad, you will have to tell me if you did anything special:tongue:

I had a productive weekend. I started my spring cleaning. I have to believe that I am burning calories, but it is hard to tell. I am scrubbing the baseboards on my hands an knees, washing windown, wipeing down all the doors in the house, etc. I sure hope I am burning something!

I plan to go back to the gym tonight. My husband cornered me last night, telling me that I am making excuses for everything weighloss related, and that I really need to stop. He said that he wont even think about "helping" me get pregnant if I am like this. It sounds harsh, and to tell you the truth, it hurt a lot. But, what he said is true. I need to get back to this, especialy if I want to be healthy for having children.
  • adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group. I'm only a couple weeks into this so how does it work? We plan to start trying in August.
  • tahmed
    Options
    Off to the gym I go! I am rewarding myself with Subway if I make it 20 minutes on the elliptical!
  • yessie75
    Options
    I over ate this weekend and the scale is showing it!!!!
  • jalara
    Options
    Yessie - don't be too hard on yourself. It happens!
    :flowerforyou:
    Tahmed - how did you make out tonight? What else are you doing at the gym these days? How did you deal with DH saying that to you? Where are you struggling the most?
    Adegonia - Welcome! Are you pregnant or trying to conceive or just working on be healthy so you can? The more the merrier!
    Caliwaters - I'm a nursing student, and work full time - I understand the frustration. Just hang in there. DO you have anyone that inspires you?
    Myself - I had a good day today. Stayed under calories. I made gluten-free blueberry muffins that are amazing, and went to the gym, so I'm feeling good. Surgery is in 3 days - I'm hoping to make it to the gym every day until then, just so I don't feel like such a lump during recovery.

So happy Monday is over!