5’7” guy with a 65lb man-baby

Options
YhPIv.jpg

Huge thanks to all my mfp buds. Your support has been phenomenal. You’re all badasses. I joined up early February, and have lost 65 lb so far! It took me a little over 9 months to hit my goal weight. Quite a hefty man-baby of fat to lose.

Some important things I’ve learned:
1. It has been better for me to set general goals instead of ridiculous ones. Be realistic! If you’re afraid of quitting, set a low weekly weight loss rate to stay consistent. It’s better than having super high hopes and quitting. By enforcing an end date on myself I was constantly flustered. During the last two months, I just went with the flow and found that calorie counting wasn’t making me stressed out.

2. It’s ok to be over by a couple hundred calories. It’s also important to gauge the mental toll of things going on in life! I often put my calorie goals on the backburner to make sure my brain had enough energy to function. I don’t regret this at all!

3. Don’t rush exercising! Take it slow. I work out way too hard. This caused me to get arthritis in my toes and a twisted vertebrae, which gives me a lot of shoulder weakness/pain. Trust me; it’s better to safely exercise than to end up with some monster medical bills and pain.

4. Learn to love exercising by making it a fun way to relieve stress. Zone out and give your brain a break.

5. Never diet! Set yourself up for success. The last couple months, I’ve been eating in a way that will be sustainable, not just a quick fix. Recently I became a vegetarian, which has been awesome.

6. If you have a bad day, treat tomorrow as a new opportunity. Don’t spend time worrying about the past since it will only hurt the future. Shake it off and move on. Kick some *kitten* tomorrow.

-Aaron

FEEL FREE TO ADD ME! I can always use more mfp homies, and I don't plan to quit!

Replies

• justmetookie
    justmetookie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    18aHO.jpg
  • justmetookie
    justmetookie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Congrats :drinker:
  • mysterycookie
    mysterycookie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There we go, fiddled with the pic a bit
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great tips. I've been over my calorie goals, but theres been stuff going on and I'm just not worried about it. Half the battle is mental. Congrats on your achievements!
  • Melodymunchkin
    Melodymunchkin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazing pictures, well done you.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look great.
  • PHXBlondie
    PHXBlondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Incredible journey. Congratulations on your success.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    why vegetarian? congratz
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    awesome! i try to eat a mostly vegetarian diet as well. its all preference.

oh and sidenote, you're so handsome :love:
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Great job, man! You did an excellent job. :drinker:
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look so great!! Very handsome :)
    I love that you went vegetarian and enjoy it too. Congratulations!!

added btw.
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats on achieving your desired weight!! You look fantastic and I love your transformation!! You Are very inspiring and encouraging.

I am feeling slightly depressed and after reading your important tips, I feel a lot better. :) ! Thanks for ur pics n words! :flowerforyou:
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    You look brilliant! Well done!
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done, you look great :flowerforyou:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!

PS I am stealing that superhero stance for future endeavors.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and transformation.
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow well done and fantastic tips as well thanks so much.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Congrats & some great advice!!
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss!! You look fantastic, and I am sure you feel it as well! Good job on going vegetarian! And great words of wisdom, especially for those just starting out on this journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!