HRM

Options
I'm sure this topic has been covered before but I'll ask anyway. I am looking to buy a HRM and just need suggestions on what would be best to buy. Anyone completely in love with theirs?

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    im in love with my polar F4 HRM its great and very accuarte in every way :flowerforyou:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and LOVE it!!
  • froggy905
    froggy905 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I knew nothing about them--and so everything I learned is off of the web and from the store I got mine at.

Mine is a Polar F7. It is great--you can set it top light, moderate or intense work out. Prompts you to slow down or pick up the pace. At the end of your workout it shows peak heart rate, average heart rate, duration of workout, and calories burned.

Other great features are:
    Chest strap---gets a true ECG heart rate reading, rather than the pulse rate some monitors reply on.
    Waterproof---great if you are a swimmer, or out on rainy rainy nights.
    Functions just like a watch---timer, alarm clock, date/time, etc...
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I really like the Garmin HRM. The watch is great, especially if you are a runner. It does so much, but the downside is the cost. It honestly depends on what type of activity you are doing. If you are just using it for your workouts and don't need all of the features, a regular Polar HRM is great. That's what my husband started using when he began his training, but I bought him a Garmin and he never leaves the house for a run without it.
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    Polar F6! love, love, love it!!!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    anything polar
  • littlelisa24
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 405. I love it but then again i bought it for the GPS and the realized it was an HMR too, which was a bonus. Does anyone know how to train with a HRM? I don't really know how.
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I went and got the Polar F6...we will see how it goes.