Second time mom losing the baby weight...again!

Options
Hi! My name is Briana, I am 25 years old and live in Colorado. I just had my second baby boy 8 weeks ago, and am trying to shed the last 38lbs. I gained over 60lbs this pregnancy, and I had gained over 40lbs my first pregnancy. After having my first child, I lost 30lbs over the course of a year by eating healthy and exercising, and I was able to sustain my weight until I got pregnant again. Now, here I am again, at the same place I was two years ago. It's really hard on me, because I don't feel like myself right now. But my husband and friends are a wonderful support system! I hope to be able to accomplish my goal in less than a year this time, but if not, if I can still do it in a year, I at least did it!

Replies

• amyy993
    Options
    hi im amy from scotland uk! im a first time mummy, my son is now 7months and ive finally decided to loose the extra weight ( i gained so much during pregnancy) i feel so far from my old self, and want to fit into my old jeans! :p add me if you want
  • Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Briana!

I can understand the way you feel because with my two kids I had to start again the fat fight after my second. his new journey.
    It's not easy but take it one step after another.
    Workout, even easy, are really helpfull to see quick changes in your shapes even if your weight is not dropping as fast as we expect.

This is what made things better and quicker for me on the second round.

You can try special "new mum" program at home (fitness dvd). They are a lot. you can have a look an Youtube. you start easy. In few weeks you'll see the change!!

Feel free to add me!

Good luck for this journey. You've done it before and you can do it again!
    Go girl!!

Isa
  • hi i'm not sure if i'm allowed to still call mine baby weight my babies are 7 and 6 now!!! haha but I know how you feel!!! Would be lovely t get rid of my bump pouch!!! :)

congratulations on your baby!!! remember to give yourself plenty of rest ! xx
  • malery06
    malery06 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I had my second baby 7 weeks ago lol and I too am trying to lose the weight.
    I gained gained more weight this time then my first, over 40 pounds! So far I've lost 24lbs but still have another 20 to lose.
    Feel free to add me :) and congrats on the new bby boy!
  • malery06
    malery06 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How funny my goal is 140 too.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose the baby weight too, but my youngest baby will be three soon! Feel free to add me too!
  • shimmerlady
    shimmerlady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had baby no 3 nearly 8 months ago and have become totally demotivated again so need someone to help keep me going. Please add me as well
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a year, for heaven's sake. It took you about that long to get to term. All best.

P.S. Are you nursing your little one? That should make about, hmmm.... 400 calories a day difference.
  • Toshums
    Options
    Friend request sent. Way to go Briana, you can totally do it. I completely understand you not feeling like yourself, I have been feeling the same way and is really frustrated.
  • BrianaC07
    Options
    Unfortunately no. There were some issues and I am no longer nursing. He did get a good 3 weeks worth of breastmilk though! And that helped me shed the first 20lbs since coming home from the hospital easy. But, then when things went downhill with nursing, I stopped losing the weight.