Maintinance/Close to....

Options
Hi there,
I am looking for some new friends that are at maintinance or close to maintinance. I am about 8lbs away from goal...and am really struggling! I am a stay at home mom to 5 amazing kiddos. I'm don't really get much from the hubbs as far as support and encouragement goes when it comes to making this lifestyle change-if anything he makes it harder (doesn't really care about the food that he eats/if he or I get time for exercise). I have lost 65 lbs with the support of the amazing ladies that I have as friends on MFP (and like to keep my MFP friends list small so that I can interact with my ladies on a daily basis). The hubbs is gone much of the time, so finding time for myself/excercise is very challenging...no allowance in the budget for a gym membership here. I am hoping to add a few more amazing friends for support, encuoragement and new ideas...and love to provide the same...I am a awesome cheerleader for my MFP family.
Thanks for taking the time to read.:flowerforyou:
Ps. If one of my Smokin'Hott totally Awsome girls take the time to read this....I loves all you bishes....and thank you for all the love and support that you have already given and continue to give me! Xo's.:love:

Replies

• mommyrox05
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am looking for some new friends that are at maintinance or close to maintinance. I am about 8lbs away from goal...and am really struggling! I am a stay at home mom to 5 amazing kiddos. I'm don't really get much from the hubbs as far as support and encouragement goes when it comes to making this lifestyle change-if anything he makes it harder (doesn't really care about the food that he eats/if he or I get time for exercise). I have lost 65 lbs with the support of the amazing ladies that I have as friends on MFP (and like to keep my MFP friends list small so that I can interact with my ladies on a daily basis). The hubbs is gone much of the time, so finding time for myself/excercise is very challenging...no allowance in the budget for a gym membership here. I am hoping to add a few more amazing friends for support, encuoragement and new ideas...and love to provide the same...I am a awesome cheerleader for my MFP family.
    Thanks for taking the time to read.:flowerforyou:
    Ps. If one of my Smokin'Hott totally Awsome girls take the time to read this....I loves all you bishes....and thank you for all the love and support that you have already given and continue to give me! Xo's.:love:

I would also like to add that my husband is awesome...he is the love of my life :heart: (together almost 17 years)-he and I are just on a diffrent wave link when it comes to diet and exercise. I make our family's meals the way that I want to make them and then he Dr's his up the way he likes it if he needs to. I don't want to make him out to be a jerk because he's not...just think he doesn't know exactly how to provide the diet and fitness support that I need to get to and stay where I want to be.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    im all about maintaining these days to! sometimes it can be harder then losing good luck to you!
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently trying to maintain - trying as in figuring out how much I can eat without gaining... It is hard work and the support of my friends has been amazing and helped me on my journey everyday. I completely understand where you are coming from with hubby, mine is very similar he can eat what he likes and just doesn't quite understand what I'm doing is important, he thinks now I've lost the weight I can back off from MFP and exercise - if only! I generally do most of the housework along with working 4 days per week so it can be a struggle to find me time even without kids... Please feel free to add me and I'm here to support in anyway I can.

Congratulations on your 65lb loss - what an amazing achievement!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Every time I get close to meeting my goal, I add another few pounds. First I thought I could only lose 30 pounds, then I thought maybe 40, now I've reset my goals to lose 50 pounds. Only 9 to go!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am pretty much at maintenance. I lowered my goal another 3 lbs but i can't seem to get under at all, i just bounce up 3 lbs and back down. I also have no time or money for a gym membership and live out of town, so not even close to one... what i do has to be at home once my son is sleeping, about 30-45 min a night, that's it... so i have to watch my cals more then anything as i won't have a big burn to burn off much on the days i exercise. I still haven't found what my maintenance cals are as i want to be steady at my goal for a bit to know when i add more cals that it's just my regular gain and not a gain from more cals. BUT i thinki can do about 1500-1600 and be ok... you can add me if you'd like :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for a few months. Yay! Free free to add me. I am a mom of 2 :heart:
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    pretty much ready to go into maintaining too...and my husband is a jerk.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I am on day two of "maintaining", and it's somewhat anxiety causing because it's a new process for me. You can add me if you like... I log every day and have an open diary.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    you can add me :flowerforyou:
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Maintaining here after losing 31 pounds. My husband is my best friend and the love of my life but he does and can eat anything without gaining a pound...I got new boots for reaching my goal...he got a cinnamon roll and a chocolate covered doughnut. I never touched either one so I guess you can say he has taught real willpower, lol. Feel free to add me...Congratulations on what you have achieved and for staying on for reaching your goal!!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I'm making my way into maintenance as well. Still want to get toned, but not really loose anymore weight. It's actually causing me more anxiety than eating at a deficit, lol. I am still trying to find the magic number of calories to eat. My husband is pretty supportive, although is not on board with a healthy lifestyle himself. He still eats lots of junk and doesn't exercise, but does encourage me and says he's proud of me.

Feel free to add me. I don't have any friends on here yet, but since figuring out maintenance is so much harder for me, I may need to get more of a support system :-)
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am at maintenance. I am trying to find the right caloric intake so I do not lose any more.

Feel free to add me so we can work on this together.

Thanks!