Fighting the holidays!(young people)

Options
Alright so about this time last year I had gotten back into a depth of nasty eating habits. Yeah that's right, "back into" before the holidays last year I had lost about 25Ibs. (5'11 240Ibs). After the holidays last year I had gotten so upset of my repeating failed commitments to get back to exercising and eating right, that I racked up enough dedication to go for a 50 Ibs weight loss(278-228). So long story short, I figured I'm going to catch myself before I repeat history and although I did gain back some of my weight back(current 250) I haven't gained it all back. So I know my body is still used to the workouts, and the dedication it took for those 50Ibs has gotten me experience and motivating advic!. I'm young, I run, I play sports also - I don't drink so no weekend setbacks. Who's in this with me too build on each other!! My goal: 45Ibs! We're taking it one day at a time!

Replies

• davyrockhit214
    Options
    I hear ya!!
  • lizzyscupcakes
    lizzyscupcakes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love Christmas time even more with the food. Saying no to the Christmas goodies is going to be hard.
  • cgdiaz24
    cgdiaz24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love Christmas time even more with the food. Saying no to the Christmas goodies is going to be hard.

Ahh I know right! It just seems so right to have the extra goodies with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. But no! We're on a mission!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you plan on eating a day?

Just remember to be under your goal for the day and you can have your cake and eat it too NOMNOMNOM
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My goal is around 45lbs too, I'm in!

I also agree, Christmas is going to be tough, but we can do it :smile:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

Figure out how many calories you burn doing your favorite excercise...before you eat those goodies think about it by how many hours of working out it will take to burn it off. Sometimes it is worth it, sometimes not. Not a fan or deprivation.
  • Tinynski
    Tinynski Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personally have no problems with holidays. I like the food, but I don't like eating a lot at a time... But then there's the snacking! Christmas ham is the best thing you can put on bread! With mustard. Omn.
    I've found a way to cope by making myself busy with other stuff, and working twice as hard to keep my diet balanced before the holidays. Because if you've been eating healthy for 10 days before christmas, then one holiday won't ruin it :)

I don't deny myself anything. I just take a little of something, eat it, decide if I want some more. If I do, I eat a bit more. Then I go spend time with my parents/friends whoever I'm with during the holiday. Playing outside in the snow, doing a bit of after-christmas celaning... It all adds up. And when finish doing that, you can eat a bit more :p
    The only holiday I gain weight on is summer hoilday because I can't access the gym outside school months :(

Long post made short: Think if you REALLY want to eat it. And what can you do to make it a bit healthier?
  • cgdiaz24
    Options
    How many calories do you plan on eating a day?

Just remember to be under your goal for the day and you can have your cake and eat it too NOMNOMNOM

1950. I had readjusted my profile age to my real age (18) and it gave an extra 150 than i had before.
  • cgdiaz24
    Options
    I personally have no problems with holidays. I like the food, but I don't like eating a lot at a time... But then there's the snacking! Christmas ham is the best thing you can put on bread! With mustard. Omn.
    I've found a way to cope by making myself busy with other stuff, and working twice as hard to keep my diet balanced before the holidays. Because if you've been eating healthy for 10 days before christmas, then one holiday won't ruin it :)

I don't deny myself anything. I just take a little of something, eat it, decide if I want some more. If I do, I eat a bit more. Then I go spend time with my parents/friends whoever I'm with during the holiday. Playing outside in the snow, doing a bit of after-christmas celaning... It all adds up. And when finish doing that, you can eat a bit more :p
    The only holiday I gain weight on is summer hoilday because I can't access the gym outside school months :(

Long post made short: Think if you REALLY want to eat it. And what can you do to make it a bit healthier?

Yeah that's true! And I hope I can just stay away from the snacking rays my hardest problem is saying no to them. Like there's an awkward bubble of denying a snack from someone- I don't know. I've been through that rejecting junk food phase I guess it just seems more rude to do it after holidays. :/
  • Tinynski
    Tinynski Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A good way to avoid snack/food pushers: always have a small snack in your hand/a little bit of food on your plate :'D I do this all the time with grandmas... Worst food pushers ever! You can just go "no thanks, I still have some." Then flash a nice smile and keep nibbling at your snack.
  • cgdiaz24
    Options
    A good way to avoid snack/food pushers: always have a small snack in your hand/a little bit of food on your plate :'D I do this all the time with grandmas... Worst food pushers ever! You can just go "no thanks, I still have some." Then flash a nice smile and keep nibbling at your snack.

alright. you have gotten me to instill confidence in myself to say no to those food pushers!(: