Least hungry in the morning, most hungry at night

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've always been that way too. So, I rarely eat breakfast (usually have a cup of soy milk with my vitamins), light lunch and snacks and a big meal late at night. This is the only way I can keep on track. Forcing myself to eat in the morning when I'm not hungry seems stupid to me.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's an issue. Eat when you're hungry just make sure you stay within your calories. I always have a before bed snack around 9 or 10pm :) The whole "don't eat past 7pm" thing is a myth.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I try and plan out my meals so that I won't binge later in the day. I wouldn't force yourself to eat breakfast if you're not hungry.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Eat lean protein bits all day, and fiber. This helps.
  • trinak1
    trinak1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also come home from work with the feeling like I havent eaten for days, which leads to eating a ton of unhealthy and quick foods once I walk in the door. Sometimes before I even get my coat off!! Really small meals during the day allow for a larger evening meal. I have been on eating plans where my biggest meal was at the end of the day and actually lost weight. As long as you stay within your calorie count and exercise you should be fine. Good luck!
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same way! I have tried to incorporate something small in the morning even if it's a fiber one bar. And then if I'm reallllly hungry at night I try to drink a full glass of water and then have something like a diet aw rootbeer. It cures my craving.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Try saving more of your calories to eat at night and see if you are more satisfied that way. If it doesn't help then you are going to just have to experiment with your meal timing and frequency and see what you prefer :)
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have seen some good advice in this thread. But I too developed this problem. I am a snacker anyway. I knew this would be an issue for so I found low calorie healthy snakcs that I could eat. The problem got worse because I was saving calories to later so I would not go over my calorie count. I started to eat more frequently and eat lower calorie healthy meals and snacks. I based it on what my average calorie intake was for the day and split it up over the day. For example if I have 1800 calories to eat for the day. I divide that by 6. That tells me I can eat six times for the day as long as I don't go over 300 calories. I adjust how much I can eat at eat at meal based on how much I have eaten before. For example my breakfast usually ends up being about 150 calories. That means I can have an additional meal or increase the amount of calories I can have at another meal. I also consider how much exercise I do as well. Sometimes I will work out 2 to 4 times a day. If I burn more calories I can eat a little more. But I eat if I am hungry. That way I don't fell like I am denying myself and get frustrated and just over eat. I am a stress eater so I have to take that into account. Listen to your body. I have lost over 72 lbs total. It has been a learning process. Learn to work with your body and you will get the results.