Why am i having such a hard time buying clothes

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi everyone

Since my weigh lose I'm having such a hard time buying clothes
Lost 25 pounds so everything is TOO big (yeah!)
In the past, I would try on a pair of pants and top and not think too much about it..whatever
I'm finding now that I'm having a tougher time shopping, over-analyzing everything
I want to show off my new shape, but still look tasteful and appropriate to take the kids to the park, school etc
DH is NO help because the tighter the better...UGHHHHH
I'm still sort of in between sizes were the large is swimming but the medium fits JUST RIGHT...

I'm buying, returning, buying some more, returning.....LOLOLOL

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    Options
    Hi everyone

Since my weigh lose I'm having such a hard time buying clothes
    Lost 25 pounds so everything is TOO big (yeah!)
    In the past, I would try on a pair of pants and top and not think too much about it..whatever
    I'm finding now that I'm having a tougher time shopping, over-analyzing everything
    I want to show off my new shape, but still look tasteful and appropriate to take the kids to the park, school etc
    DH is NO help because the tighter the better...UGHHHHH
    I'm still sort of in between sizes were the large is swimming but the medium fits JUST RIGHT...

I'm buying, returning, buying some more, returning.....LOLOLOL

Kim
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Yes..I know what you mean.. I thought I would LOVE clothes shopping... but I hate it right now.. I am also in between sizes and it is sooo hard.. I haven't even gone into the bathing suit section yet..I'm too scared hahahaa!! All my clothes from last year are swimming on me and I don't even think I lost that much weight... maybe it's the inches or something but I had a melt down the other day when I heard it was going to be warm out and I had no shorts to fit into!!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I love your new photo! VERY cute! Congrats on getting closer to your goal, you look great!

Maybe you are being to picky on yourself. You look great. Grab your inter diva, leave the kids at home, and go shopping! Where do you normally shop at? Maybe you need a new fun place to shop? Enjoy!
  • kimber607
    Options
    Thanks everyone

I have VERY little time to shop and usually go when ds is in school...but drag my 3yr old dd with me
    I usually hit the Gap outlet...safe stuff for capri pants, t-shirts....
    I also hit H&M once in a while

I'm open to any suggestions...
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I LOVE the Gap, but my style is changing and they aren't as much. I love them for simple fun, but now I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Kohl's! I can always find something dressy, something sporty, something fun, something cool. I love them! The best thing I am finding with them is that the clothes are NOT falling apart. I have tried several other places for a simple T-shirt or dress shirt, and the quality everywhere seems to be diminishing. I hate that! do you have a Kohl's near you? Again, I'll never give up my Gap either though. LOL
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Double post...

::delete::

:huh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I LOVE the Gap, but my style is changing and they aren't as much. I love them for simple fun, but now I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Kohl's! I can always find something dressy, something sporty, something fun, something cool. I love them! The best thing I am finding with them is that the clothes are NOT falling apart. I have tried several other places for a simple T-shirt or dress shirt, and the quality everywhere seems to be diminishing. I hate that! do you have a Kohl's near you? Again, I'll never give up my Gap either though. LOL
  • kimber607
    Options
    Hi

Yup, have a Khols right by me....go there all the times for the kids but never thought to looks for stuff for ME
    Any particular brands worth checking out

Thanks for the suggestion
    kim