5’7” guy with a 65lb man-baby

Options
2»

Replies

• MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!! You look amazing! Very handsome :)
  • ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely GREAT!!! WoW, I love this site because each and everyday someone like you proves that real weight loss is POSSIBLE!!!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Oh my, aren't you a cutie! :bigsmile: Well done, honey. Your advice is awesome. I think the new MFPeeps especially should take it all to heart.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing! Good work!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    YhPIv.jpg

Huge thanks to all my mfp buds. Your support has been phenomenal. You’re all badasses. I joined up early February, and have lost 65 lb so far! It took me a little over 9 months to hit my goal weight. Quite a hefty man-baby of fat to lose.

Some important things I’ve learned:
    1. It has been better for me to set general goals instead of ridiculous ones. Be realistic! If you’re afraid of quitting, set a low weekly weight loss rate to stay consistent. It’s better than having super high hopes and quitting. By enforcing an end date on myself I was constantly flustered. During the last two months, I just went with the flow and found that calorie counting wasn’t making me stressed out.

2. It’s ok to be over by a couple hundred calories. It’s also important to gauge the mental toll of things going on in life! I often put my calorie goals on the backburner to make sure my brain had enough energy to function. I don’t regret this at all!

3. Don’t rush exercising! Take it slow. I work out way too hard. This caused me to get arthritis in my toes and a twisted vertebrae, which gives me a lot of shoulder weakness/pain. Trust me; it’s better to safely exercise than to end up with some monster medical bills and pain.

4. Learn to love exercising by making it a fun way to relieve stress. Zone out and give your brain a break.

5. Never diet! Set yourself up for success. The last couple months, I’ve been eating in a way that will be sustainable, not just a quick fix. Recently I became a vegetarian, which has been awesome.

6. If you have a bad day, treat tomorrow as a new opportunity. Don’t spend time worrying about the past since it will only hurt the future. Shake it off and move on. Kick some *kitten* tomorrow.

-Aaron

FEEL FREE TO ADD ME! I can always use more mfp homies, and I don't plan to quit!

^Congratulations! You are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • Kevster75
    Options
    Congratulations on your efforts dude!
    You have turned your life around! Well done Aaron!!

Kev
  • mysterycookie
    mysterycookie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    why vegetarian? congratz
    I like it! Being veggie forces me to be more creative with cooking, and everything I eat feels really fresh. With meat, I was usually really lazy and would buy prepackaged frozen stuff or a roasted chicken. Though I'm limiting myself, I feel like I have more options now. Kinda odd.

Thanks for all the compliments and feedback; once again I'm shown how awesome of a community this is.

If anyone has any random questions, feel free to ask, and I'll give my opinions etc. but I'm no doctor! My favorite color is purple and I like broccoli.
  • Colexlovely
    Colexlovely Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love this!! Congrats you look great! <fellow Vegetarian > It is a wonderful thing:)
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic and I'm sure feeling it as well! You have done a great job! Congrats on your success :)
  • Gamergirl9
    Options
    Congrats on all that you have achieved. I was a vegetarian once upon a time. It was great, but now I am back to eating meat. But only fresh meat. And nothing ever pre-made. I make all of our meals except the occasional dinner out.
  • JillianP00
    Options
    Amazing job and some fantastic advice!
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    What a great achievement and attitude! Wonderful insights into losing and doing it in a way that's sustainable...
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!