Newish

Options
Hi everyone. I joined MFP back in Nov of last year but was unable to keep up with my diet because of the holidays. Now I am back on MFP (since Monday). It seems everytime I start a diet all I can think of is eating food. My biggest weakness is chocolate. I am hoping I can get past this period when I am craving all the bad foods. I think it will get better after couple of weeks but right now it is really hard. For now, I am trying to force myself to work out and eating less. Wish me luck! :smile:

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I started a year or more ago on MFP and lost some weight. And then I stopped using it and just maintained my loss for a long time. I gained so much weight over the holidays, that it brought me back to this site again in January. I've lost all the holiday weight and then some.

You won't feel as hungry if you spread your daily allotment of calories over 6 meals a day. Don't wait more than 3 hours in between meals, and eat some protein at every meal. And plan those chocolates as your end of day, job well done, snack.

GOOD LUCK!
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    Don't completely forbid yourself the little things you enjoy. Just make sure and have it in moderation. I find that the more I forbid myself of something the more I want it. This is a lifestyle change, so you need to do something that you can always live with.
  • MarielenaC
    MarielenaC Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi naature, YOU ARE NOT ALONE:smile: im also new to MFP. I could use a friend if you wouldnt mind adding me. But I know how you feel. As a yoyo dieter, everytime i want to diet, i want to eat everything. Even stuff I wouldnt normally eat. We'll get thru this...
  • naature
    naature Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. I am taking it one day at a time so far and planning my food for the next day (taking my lunch to work so I don't eat out and having healthy snacks). I have plans for dinner and drinks tomorrow so that will be the true test. I plan to have only one glass of wine and picking the healthest food on the menu. We shall see what happens - it does not help when none of my friends are on a diet and they eat/drink whatever they want. Trying to keep my eyes on the prize!