Need help plz

Options
I have been on the site logging in for 25 days I have yet to see any weight loss, maybe a few inches have come off. My projected weight loss is 1.3 pounds per week how do I change that to 2 pounds?

I'm 4'11 158 pounds

I exercise at least 4 times a week for 30-60min
I don't eat as healthy as I would like but I have made great improvements ( under 1200 cals mostly)
- I am a student and so my choice of food maybe different from the average person
water consumption 2 glasses a day trying to work on that

any suggestions or advice appreciated!

I can open my diary for any positive suggestions thanks

Replies

• Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Diary looks pretty good...may want to decrease fat a little and watch sodium...drink lots of H2O!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    considering you are working out 2-4 hours a week, plus a student, so probably walking a lot, you need to take a close look at your calorie goals. I am showing that you have a BMR of around 1500 calories and a TDEE of about 2327. To lose 1.3 lbs per week, your NET intake goal needs to be in the neighborhood of 1677 calories per day.

If you are actually eating less than 1200 calories total, you are eating way too little and area already at about a 2lb/wk loss rate.

Tips:
    1) drink more - doesn't have to be water, but tea, coffee, low cal gatorade, etc.
    2) since you are eating college food, be sensitive to your sodium intake. This can give the illusion you are not losing weight. #1 will help with that.
    3) get enough weight data that you can actually tell if you are losing weight or not - I would bet you are, you just don't know it.
    4) If anything, eat a little more. For someone as young and active as you are, you need more than 1200 calories a day.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What way have you set your macros? Your protein target is really high (and you never get near it), while your fat target is really low (and you're always over it). Just wondering how you came up with that, since it's not the default MFP settings.
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Eat no fewer than 1,200 calories in a day. Drink lots of water and eat less carbs and sodium.

Reasons you could be stalling your weight loss:

1. Not eating enough (putting your body in starvation mode, which means it will store everything you eat)
    2. Stress
    3. Lack of sleep
    4. High sodium (water retention)
    5. Poor food choices

Really research and look into a healthy diet and exercise plan. I'm 5'0" 107lbs my goal is 1,450 calories per day to maintain and build muscle when working out.

My Goals:

Calories: 1,450
    Protein: 60-100
    Carbs: 145
    Fat: ~48
    Sodium: 2,200
    Sugar: 30

Sugar is usually where I have a problem and I go over all the time lol. I just love fruit and chocolate too much!