Getting Annoyed

Options
I've only lost 6 lbs since Christmas. And while I'm pretty sure I'm still loosing inches, the scale isn't moving down. I know I hit my plateau about two weeks ago, but I keep up with exercise and dieting like normal. Well I actually increased my exercise by adding wrist weights when walking, doing extra circuit rounds than normal, and etc. My mom and friends say I look like I'm loosing weight, but I don't see it and the scale doesn't show it. I know I can get through this as I always do, but it can be so annoying. You know? So I guess I need some words of encouragement. I don't need the diet and exercise tips really. I think I'm pretty good on that. I just want someone to say "I know you are doing your best and it will show soon!" or something like that.

Thanks.

Replies

• FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For all it's worth, that's about what I've lost since Christmas. So hang in there; it all adds up in the end. And I know you don't want any tips, but I've hit plateau about three times and every time it helped me to make a change either in my food or exercise routine. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I definitely know what you mean about "getting annoyed" with the whole thing. Be encouraged! It may be best to stay off the scales for awhile and just do what you know to do...that's been my most recent decision. I know I am working really hard to lose the added pounds and I cannot allow the scale to sabatoge it all for me.

I post to vent and it helps once I write it all out and push "post reply." Hopefully, now that's it out...you will begin to feel a little better and keep at it...you can do it!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I am in the same boat to, I have only lost 8lbs since early December. Like you I know I will get through it, but it is incredibly frustrating. I upped my exercise, but that hasn't worked yet this time round so I am now upping my calories and try to shock my system that way. You can do it, just keep at it :flowerforyou:
  • vrealize
    vrealize Posts: 13
    Options
    I have lost 6 lbs since the end of December. If I had only been weighing myself once a week (like it is recommended that people do so they see the "big changes" right), then I would have not seen a change in the past month.

However, I have been weighing myself daily for my own personal "experimental" reasons--I want to see the difference between higher and lower sodium days. (I'm an engineering student, I like data, okay?) Since I have done this, over the past month I have seen little "hills" as my weight fluctuates within a 2-3lb window every 4-5 days, either from girl-days or higher sodium days (it takes a couple days for things to go back down).

Maybe I've hit a plateau? I'm not sure, but I *am* getting better at the JM30DS workouts!! I *have* lost some girth in areas! I *am* seeing muscle tone in areas. And I have essentially been able to maintain the loss for a month! Take achievements, no matter how small they may seem, as they come. They all add up to that finish line image you want to maintain. If we can maintain small losses, it just prepares us for maintaining more. (:
  • MarielenaC
    MarielenaC Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love these things! they make me feel im not alone...I have been in your boat several times and every time i have given up. But I dont want to give up anymore and i wont let you give up either:smile: We can do this girly!!!

P.S. I know it sounds corny, but we know its what we need to hear sometimes LoL

So lets do this...
  • iammegs
    iammegs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's possible that you're building up muscle weight right now, especially if you've increased the amount of weight you're using while walking! If nothing else, you're bringing up the number of calories your body needs to burn every day, so eventually you'll hit the sweet spot!

It's really motivating to hear about people sticking through it this long - you can keep it up! :)
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Give it time and don't quit trying. It will happen. I also lost inches before I notice the weight differance. But since January I lost 4+ pounds and that is a possitive because I really didn't start trying until late February. So take one day at a time and you will notice the differance.The more you look to see the differance the harder it is to see.
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I know how frustrating it is when the scale isn't moving and you are working your butt off exercising and watching what you eat. Someone on a different post recommended the following...........get a pair of jean that are your goal..........they obviously will not fit at first, but try them on about once a week. Even if you are not losing weight, like your mom said, you are probably losing inches. Your may not see a change on the scale, but your jeans will be easier and easier to get into. When I did it, my jeans couldn't even make it past my hips, then within about 2 months, they were past my hips, about every 3 weeks I was able to button an extra button and now, I think in about 2 more weeks, I can probably wear them comfortably! They button all the way up, I just can't breathe! lol............I hope this can help you see the different because it is frustrating when you are trying so hard and can't see the difference even though other people can........good luck and stick with it!
  • irismoon
    irismoon Posts: 83
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm feeling a lot better about it today. Then again that might be because my pants nearly fell off when walking today! lol. I know I'm loosing fat and gaining muscle, but it still sucks to stare at the same number on the scale day after day and to look in the mirror and see the same old face. However, today all I did was stick out my tongue at the scale and went on with my exercise program. I'm thinking of naming my scale so I have a name to cuss at each morning. :laugh:

Again thanks for all the encouragement!
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    Maybe it would help if you only weigh yourself once a week instead of daily. I think if you weigh yourself so often that it kinda consumes you in your journey. I usually weigh myself every Tuesday morning at about 6:30 am. It is just enough time to be able to see a difference (granted if you are losing) and it is also long enough to motivate you to improve habits.