Does anyone else not see it?

Options
Hey :) This is my first post so, well hi.

I began my weight loss back in June at 12 stone and 11lbs (179lbs) and I'm currently boucing between 9 stone 8lbs and 9 stone 9lbs (134lbs - 135lbs). The only problem with it is that I don't see any difference. When I look in the mirror, to myself I still look like I'm 179lbs. I know there must be a difference because everyone else notices it, and I can see it sort of when I look at progression pictures (even though my last progress picture was taken 14lbs ago). Does anyone else have this problem? You can't see even the slightest bit of difference without looking at pictures?

Thanks.

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I did. It took me a real long time before I could see the weight loss in the mirror. Everybody was telling me how great I looked, but I just saw the same person.

Sometimes it takes our mind to catch up. For me, I know it is a self esteem issue. That is why it took me so long. Keep at it, you will see it.
  • emilykedb
    emilykedb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hope so >.<

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I've lost 132 pounds and there are still days when I look in the mirror and don't see a single bit of difference...

it take a while for the brain to catch up...that's all.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was thinking about it this week. I lost 40lbs then quit like someone flipped a switch. It feels like since I have been at this weight for so long, I never lost a single ounce (even though my empty closet tells a different story).

Your brain will catch up with your body, sometimes it just takes a little longer. Congrats on your loss by the way!
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Hey :) This is my first post so, well hi.

I began my weight loss back in June at 12 stone and 11lbs (179lbs) and I'm currently boucing between 9 stone 8lbs and 9 stone 9lbs (134lbs - 135lbs). The only problem with it is that I don't see any difference. When I look in the mirror, to myself I still look like I'm 179lbs. I know there must be a difference because everyone else notices it, and I can see it sort of when I look at progression pictures (even though my last progress picture was taken 14lbs ago). Does anyone else have this problem? You can't see even the slightest bit of difference without looking at pictures?

Thanks.

Mostly the same with me. In the mirror it's tough because at 240 I'm still pretty big so obviously I still have a bit of a stomach. In pictures though it's night and day. I look like someone about to die in my before pictures but now it's at least "Oh, a bigger guy." The change in how I feel is even more drastic than my change in looks I'd say.
  • emilykedb
    emilykedb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

I was overweight for a long time, so I guess I understand why I don't see it clearly right now. I definitely feel healthier, and that's the most important thing I guess.

Congratulations to all of you who have lost weight!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel healthier, and that's the most important thing I guess.

Don't worry, your brain will catch up. Mine took awhile too but then one day, I was looking in the mirror and I realized, wow, everyone is right, I do look different
  • tigtigs
    Options
    Take a picture of yourself and then look at you in that pic...you will definitely notice a difference!!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a while. I lost almost 100 pounds before I could really see it, though I knew in my head there was a difference. What helped me was to find a good before picture and compare it to a recent pic.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I would tell you the same as everyone else...get a good before and after pic, place them side by side and look at them often. Also replace the after pic often with progress. I don't think I look any different than I did when I started when i look in the mirror. That may have something to do with the fact that I looked at myself in the mirror as little as possible before. When I look at pictures side by side, I can see the changes (wow...I have a collarbone???).