how many calories does it burn???

Options
alright guys i am not finding anywhere that will tell me how many calories i burn while doing jm 30 DS and usually i wont do the workout if i dont know exactly how many calories im burning but man my first time was just about 10 minutes ago and i love it it kicked my butt but i love it so i really wanna continue so if anyone knows please let me know thanks

Replies

• rladd6421
    Options
    you should invest in a heart rate monitor that will let you know how many calories you are burning.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training x
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    There is a formula somwhere that compared to hrms is fairly accurate...
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I'm 5''7' and 140....I use 10 pound weights for everything, but the front shoulder raises....And I burn about 210 calories. Hope that helps!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    When it did 30DS i logged it as Circuit Training - General. THere is an Iphone and Ipad app out there called Calories Burned that gives you a calculator for a lot of at home DVD workouts.
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It is going to vary from person to person. I wear a heart rate monitor and I burn anywhere from 280-300 calories when doing 30 DS. I'm 33, 5'6, and weigh 145 pounds.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing is to use a HRM and enter in your own exercise using what that tells you, but I'm guessing you don't have one right? Looking on line quickly, it says depending on your weight "150 lbs., you can expect to burn approximately 503 calories an hour doing this DVD, or 167 calories for a 20-minute workout" I haven't started it yet so I don't have any idea how true that is but I know a ton of people have so they might have a better idea

Edited to add, I know I've seen other people say they just enter it as circuit training
  • robinr515
    Options
    I went on Jillian Michael's website to figure out mine when I first started. When I logged it on MFP as 20 min. circuit training and 5 min. stretching, it was only off by a few calories.
  • jnsb
    jnsb Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes, get a heart rate monitor with a calorie calculator. But don't be disappointed when the calories burned are low. At 5'7" and 170 lbs., I'm well below 200 calories burned for a 30DS workout. It still kicks by butt, though!
  • gamespriteicon
    gamespriteicon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Everyone suggests a HRM or using circuit training, which is what I do when I don't want to use the HRM (it gets sweaty!) :devil:

You said you normal "wont do the workout if you don't know exactly how many calories your burning"...
    But look at it the right way, YOU ARE WORKING OUT! That is more important than tracking the exact amount of calories you are burning. We try to track the exact amount of calories we eat but it is not exact. Nothing is perfect. All that matters is that you eat better than you did yesterday and you pick your butt off the couch and move it. So CONGRATULATIONS on moving it! :wink:

I only did about 10 minutes the first time I put it in too. Then when I got the full 20 done it was like nothing, ready to move to the next level and it started all over again, I could only do the first half before I fell flat on the floor in surrender. I do have to say that level 3 is so much better then 2 so don't give up, it gets better and easier. Before long you'll be wondering how you ever thought the video was too long.
  • pepsami
    pepsami Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for ur input and help i appreciate it and as for the hrm sounds like a xmas present i may have to mention to santa
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    About tree fiddy