Jillian Michaels...was she ever fat?

Options
Supposedly Jillian Michaels used to be very overweight...any truth to this? I haven't found anything supporting this. Has anyone found anything?

Replies

• jimbo480
    jimbo480 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jillian_Michaels_(personal_trainer)#Controversy

"she struggled with weight problems during her early teens"
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm really wondering the relevance?
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is the only photo I've ever seen. So, yeah, she's not just blowing smoke - lol

jillian-michaels-175-pounds.jpg
  • robinr515
    Options
    I just watched a clip from the Jeff Probst show, and they showed a picture. She was kind of chunky in her early teens, but not grossly overweight.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    google: Fat Jillian Michaels
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    never knew this !
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I just watched a clip from the Jeff Probst show, and they showed a picture. She was kind of chunky in her early teens, but not grossly overweight.

She's 5'1" and she was about 180.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxu7pvtZwQ1qd1p3to1_500.gif&sa=X&ei=GwWtUKvqCoT9ygGupYCQBA&ved=0CAwQ8wc4ggE&usg=AFQjCNF3vdJuHF2gsHfRMKguHeQzwyl1LQ
  • starjumper12
    Options
    she talks all about it in her metabolism book. read it.
  • josielynntaylor
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks, everybody. I'll have to pick up that book. Also, the relevance?? Well, it helps to know that someone in that great of shape struggled with issues also. It's hard to believe a lot of trainers if they have never struggled with weight themselves. Gives us hope :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks, everybody. I'll have to pick up that book. Also, the relevance?? Well, it helps to know that someone in that great of shape struggled with issues also. It's hard to believe a lot of trainers if they have never struggled with weight themselves. Gives us hope :)

Richard Simons was very overweight, too.
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes she was on some talk show and they showed a picture of her when she was heavy.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Which is why before I undergo a medical procedure, I insist that the doctor has undergone the same procedure. You wouldn't believe how many doctors I had to interview before I could find one to fix my shoulder.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxu7pvtZwQ1qd1p3to1_500.gif&sa=X&ei=GwWtUKvqCoT9ygGupYCQBA&ved=0CAwQ8wc4ggE&usg=AFQjCNF3vdJuHF2gsHfRMKguHeQzwyl1LQ

Have you heard, about the bird?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Richard Simons was very overweight, too.

As was Susan Powter.

susan-powter-plus-after.jpg
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm really wondering the relevance?

Jillian Michaels has always told her BL contestants that she understands where they are coming from. It's hard to believe when there is very little evidence available to support her claim that she was once overweight or obese. It's also easier to accept someone's advice if you know they TRULY understand what you are going through (whether it's regarding weight loss or some other difficulty in life).
  • josielynntaylor
    Options
    Yep :) That's what I'm saying!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Have you heard, about the bird?

Everybody's heard about the bird
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Who cares?