Looking for friends with 50+ to lose (:

Options
Hey, I'm Deserae ¦ 21 years old.
I'm 5'4 and weigh 267lbs.
I'm looking for friends who have similar weight loss goals;
I've tried MFP before and it didn't work but I think its because I wasn't active in the community. The more friends I have and the more support I put into others weight loss journey, the more ill stay on track with mine.

So, friend me? ;)

Replies

• JohnMessmer
    Options
    Hey Deserae,

I have more than your requested figure to lose (unfortunately). I have little patience for failure, people don't plan to fail; they fail to plan, if your diary is open to your friends and if you are going to commit to logging every day then send me a friend request.

I am not the "it's ok there is always tomorrow" kind of friend, I am the "what the heck were you thinking, do you not want to lose weight" kind, so if you are looking for cheerleaders and not sincere critical support then you will be unfriending me rather quickly. Likewise if you log every third day or insist on eating 400 calories to lose weight then I will be unfriending you, as I simply do not wish to devote my time and energy into trying to change someone's way of thinking. I want like minded friends who want to succeed and realize that if they were able to use self restraint and make the correct decisions then they would not be here in the first place. I will support, encourage, and try to be the best friend I can be, all I ask is that you do the same.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
  • necie75
    Options
    I'm sending you a request.I think we have about the same amount to lose.I log in every day .Every bit of support helps..anyone else feel free to add me too
  • anaoliver63
    anaoliver63 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    you can all add me too.
  • chuck211
    chuck211 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can add me too :), I'm 270lbs at the moment and just started on MFP too :)
  • NataBee
    NataBee Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I failed with MFP before and beleive that was a result of not being active too, so add me :)

I've got 50lbs loss goal 9lbs down so far!
  • gnome1684
    gnome1684 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Deserae, I'm brand new to MFP and would really like to make things work this time around. I weigh around 247 and am looking to lose about 100 pounds. I think all of us here have big and reasonable goals, and hopefully by taking full advantage of the community aspect of this site, we'll be fully able to acheive them. Please feel free to add me. Best of luck :)
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm at my half way mark, but I still have 40+ to lose. Feel free to add me, that goes for everyone
  • meggwtw
    meggwtw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. More info about my struggles in my profile.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I currently have zero left to lose, but I have been where you are.
  • lessismore71
    Options
    Wow vypeters what an inspiration!! I have 100+ to lose but now is a good time to start. I will be a success story one day.