Do you burn more cals in heels?

Options
Hi everyone,

Stupid question time.

When I was younger, I would always say that walking in heels burns more calories then walking with flats. Just for fun.

But: could it be true? I mean, when you think about it, when walking in heels, you have to use your stabilising muscles.. Right?

Or maybe not! If it is the case though, tell me, it will be my ultimate motivation to wear heels everywhere!

Have a good week everyone!

Deborah

Replies

• tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I can't walk in them so I hope not :ohwell: if I felt the need to try I would be at risk of broken ankles...
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    <--- all for women in heels, so i will yes you do.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOL i have honestly wondered the same thing!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is a stupid question.....however unless you HAVE to I wouldn't recommend wearing heels all the time because they're really not good for our feet.

I wear them for work but it's flats, sneakers, slippers and flip flops otherwise
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    <
    I hope so because otherwise what's the point of these LOL
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I always do my cardio in heels.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Lol if that were true I'd never have to exercise. I wear heels almost every day and I doubt that it's true by any substantial amount.
  • lupizzle00
    lupizzle00 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can't walk in them so I hope not :ohwell: if I felt the need to try I would be at risk of broken ankles...

Hahaha Me too!! I'd be on the floor face first! It DOES work your leg muscles though but for me it wouldn't be worth the broken ankles or nose :ohwell:
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Test it with a HRM.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I walk slower in heels, so I probably burn fewer calories. I wish it burned more though!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Lol if that were true I'd never have to exercise. I wear heels almost every day and I doubt that it's true by any substantial amount.

Me too!!! I soooo wish it were true tho
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think so since I spent about 2 or 3 hours on the dancefloor on Saturday, all I know is, my feet hurt afterwards :happy:
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    <---- wears heels to bed...it burns SOME calories. :tongue:
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Test it with a HRM.

sounds like a good idea :)
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

^ this exactly.

Wearing them every day, for 10+ hours a day, didn't stop me from getting fat and I doubt it has had anything to do with the 37 pounds I've lost this year.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    <---- wears heels to bed...it burns SOME calories. :tongue:

I like the way you think.

:smooched:
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    If it's true is just like to take a moment to thank my best friend for driving my crazed heel addiction and collection... even if it meant twisting my ankle and being in agony during "walk training sessions" :happy: :flowerforyou: