walking with weights

Options
i filled a old back pack with stones and it weighs 25 lbs when i go on walks i plan on putting this on. my question is how do i record this in my exercise journal?

Replies

• zookeepersuzy
    Options
    "hiking, climbing hills (carrying 10-20lb load)" seems to be the closest thing.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Check backpacking I think that has pack weights.
  • him1025
    Options
    thank you!! i plan on putting on as soon as i become human in the morning and not take it off till after super...this shall be interesting being i chase 2 toddlers and run a full house hold including pets lol
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I do some backpacking, and once I got a HRM, I found that the calories burned on MFP is waaaaay higher than actual calories burned for "hiking" and "backpacking" in the database.

Also, a suggestion -- why not use water weight instead of rocks? Fill up several water bottles and walk up a few big hills for a good burn. Then, dump the water out at the top and go down without weight. You'll save a lot of stress on your knees and other joints on the way down.

Enjoy!
  • him1025
    Options
    I do some backpacking, and once I got a HRM, I found that the calories burned on MFP is waaaaay higher than actual calories burned for "hiking" and "backpacking" in the database.

Also, a suggestion -- why not use water weight instead of rocks? Fill up several water bottles and walk up a few big hills for a good burn. Then, dump the water out at the top and go down without weight. You'll save a lot of stress on your knees and other joints on the way down.

Enjoy!

do you know where i can get a hmr for fairly cheap? i have a pedometer but its simple all it does is tell me how far i walked in a day not how long it took me to get there should i toss it and get a better one?