Good heart rate monitor/ calories burnt counter

Options
I'm looking for a good heart rate monitor that also counts the calories you burn when you workout. If anyone can point me in the direction of a good one and where you got it from, that will be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• joddes17
    Options
    I'd like to know this as well!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm asking Santa for one the brand is Polar.
  • linda1188
    Options
    Something less pricey that I really enjoy is an app in the iPhone store called Heart Rate by Azumio. It is really neat because it takes your heart rate by you placing your finger over the camera lens and then it counts the beats.

It seems very accurate too me because when I tested it at rest my resting heart rate is what it always is....and during high intensity cardio I see very similar results to other machines on the market.

The only downside is that you have to slow down and pause from your workout to get your heart rate, so you may not be able to track it at it's highest point.
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would also really like to know recommendations on a good HRM
  • Pinkyivy
    Options
    I have a Polar watch, I love it. It's very accurate compare to the machines which give more burned calories.

For $100, you can have one that does both HR and calories.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    after umming and ahhing finally got my polar ft4 ... very happy with it
  • insofaras
    insofaras Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    polar ft7 is great, i got it from amazon.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting Father Christmas to bring me one of these too. What do you all think of Fitbit Ultra? Not all the gadgets you have in the US seem to be available in the UK.
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love my polar.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting Father Christmas to bring me one of these too. What do you all think of Fitbit Ultra? Not all the gadgets you have in the US seem to be available in the UK.
    What gadgets are you referring to. The ultra can be bought cheep,y from Amazon or eBay as its been replaced by the Zip and the One. There are loads of posts on this. Do a search.