Options

Replies

• TexanThom
    Options
    I'm gonna eat til I POP!!!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I lol'ed at "coping"....I'm going to eat food I want to eat then wake up the next day and keep doing what I've done all along. Get a grip, it's just some food and one day.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    ummmm...I will eat food and like it.... seriously, thanksgiving didn't make anyone fat, neither did christmas or your birthday.

enjoy holidays and eat right during the other days.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I lol'ed at "coping"....I'm going to eat food I want to eat then wake up the next day and keep doing what I've done all along. Get a grip, it's just some food and one day.

I lol'd at coping, too.

What he said.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I will be logging all my food. I plan on working out in the morning and eating a good breakfast. I am making part of the meal so I will make it as healthy as I can. Also planning on eating lots of veggies and some salad. I don't plan on overindulging.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on enjoying myself and not get spastic about the calories. If I remember, I will log in. I'm going over my brothers, so that means that I won't have days of leftovers to chow down on. Over the years, I noticed that I don't over stuff myself like I used to. We eat early by 2pm, so I will be ready for something else in the evening. I am planning to make sure that I drink plenty of water and not indulge in soda to much.

All in all, I think people should enjoy themselves. It's about portion control and remember it takes 30 minutes for your belly to register that you're full. If you go over your calories tomorrow so what, it's not like we eat that way every single day.

So enjoy it and be thankful and grateful that you were able to share another day with your family and friends or whoever you spend it with.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I will be logging all my food. I plan on working out in the morning and eating a good breakfast. I am making part of the meal so I will make it as healthy as I can. Also planning on eating lots of veggies and some salad. I don't plan on overindulging.

:noway:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    with a bottle of Barefoot Moscato.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    A better question is how will you handle Friday...and Saturday...and Sunday...and Monday...and beyond. Those are far more relevant to achieving your goals than what you do on Thursday.
  • CanadaLiz
    CanadaLiz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian so we had our Thanksgiving last month. I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!!

That being said, I am glad that I will not have to face a day of delicious food until Christmas....Given that I just started my weight loss journey (again), I know that I would not have been able to resist tomorrow!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    "Cope!?"

I plan to enjoy myself, friends, and family.

This is a day I will not care about calories, and enjoy myself.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'll start the morning with a 1-2 mile walk and then cook our meal. We aren't doing any snacks, so there won't be grazing. I'm making turkey wrapped in bacon, stuffing, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, carrots, cranberry/pineapple relish, rolls and pumpkin pie. I'll eat, I'll log it. And, I'll survive to live the tale.

Edited - And, I'll enjoy at least 2 glasses of wine. :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I will cope with Thanksgiving by eating ALL THE FOODS!!!!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Eat and enjoy. Don't feel like you need to pile your plate and stuff yourself like it's the last food you'll ever eat, but don't feel like you need to deny yourself either.
  • scosway
    Options
    Going to hit the gym in the AM and make sure I eat breakfast and lunch. My mom makes the same stuff every year and I have my favorites, but I am going to stick to what I have been doing lately and just aim for about 4-5 oz of protein, one starch and a vegetable. My sister is making a beat salad for an appetizer so I will have that too. But by eating breakfast and lunch I can avoid the unnecesarry snacking prior to dinner. I like pumpkin pie, but not enough to waste nearly 300 calories on a slice.

My starch will likely be about a cup of my mom's rice pilaf and then my veggie will likely be roasted brussel sprouts with shallots. I might even decide to forego the turkey and have ham with my mom's pickled pineapple. Not sure about the protein yet.

I'm just newly back on the wagon, so I'm going into this holiday focusing more on avoiding feelings of guilt from family members for not gorging myself and not feeling guilty the day after because I have gorged myself and didn't want to going into it. My weight loss stalled and started turning into gains because I have difficulty in family food situations, so my focus is on feelings this year and not on food. And of course being so thankful.
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am not putting any restrictions on myself tomorrow. I plan to eat what I want and log it. I find that if I deny myself, I end up bingeing later. I plan on exercising the morning of and have been exercising this week to help offset the damage.

^^ This is me too.
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pig out! One day is not a deal killer for me and I'll be right back on the program Friday.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    22493248.jpg
  • dalamon
    dalamon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    everyone in my family knows that I'm seriously trying to stay on track so i already informed my family that i will have a special measuring spoon with me lol!:tongue: so i plan to log in my food intake and I plan on having only my favoriteslike max and cheese and stuffing. Also im skipping dessert im not a big sweets person anyway. Im also working out in the morning( at least that's the plan but well see how that goes!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    om-nom-nom-nom_zps81d42fc8.gif