Looking for others with similar goals!

Mommyof2in09
Mommyof2in09 Posts: 16
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site and am really excited about it so far (today is Day 3 for me). Please check out my profile to see more information about me.. but in a nutshell, I need to lose just under 35 pounds. I am not just looking to lose weight, I really want to get into great shape.

I ordered Chalean Extreme last week and will be doing that workout program, once it arrives, for the 90 day program.. so my goals aren't just weight related, but also related to reducing my body fat percentage. I know its not going to be easy, but getting in shape is going to be make the weight loss that much more powerful. I just threw out my old crappy scale and spent the 40 bucks on a Taylor digital scale that also shows lean muscle mass, body fat percentage, etc. I think it is important to help keep me accountable.

I am hoping to make friends with some others working towards their goals so we can track eachother's progress, provide support and motivate eachother through our success. Send me a friend request if you are interested.

Finally, as for diet, I am going to rotate through a few different things for the first few weeks, and then switch to the diet plan provided with the Chalean Extreme program. So far, I have been doing the Slim Fast 123. Before I joined, I had already lost 5 pounds. So far my body fat percentage has decreased a little bit, so I know I am not just losing water weight.

OK - so that about me! :)

Replies

• kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Welcome, I just joined this month as well, and I can tell you, you will find the support and motivation you need. This site is fab! :smile:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Hey, I was born there! :happy:

Welcome to MFP... it's really a fantastic community.
  • Yes I just joined this month also and this site is great!! Good Luck!!
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Welcome!!! I should get a scale that shows all those things! Which one do you have... do you like it?
  • Thanks, everyone for your comments!

As for the scale, I bought the Taylor Glass Bodyfat Scale from Target for 39.99. I bought it because my mom has the same scale - it works, it pretty easy to use, affordable, and it is nice looking so there isn't this big clunky scale when you walk in your bathroom.

There is room for I think 4 people to enter their settings (I have it set up for me and my husband). You enter your height/weight/gender/age, and then everytime you weigh yourself under your setting it alsoprovides you those additional readings. Its really good because if you are working out a lot, you might not see your weight change much, but your body fat is probably going down and your muscle mass is going up. On the other hand, if you aren't dieting properly, then you will see muscle loss, which isn't the kind of weight you want to lose... :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Just make sure that whatever eating plan you follow you can keep it up after you lose the weight you want to. The thing that's great about this site is I've lost the weight eating real food. I make healthy choices most days and have the more "sinful" treats every so often. It's happened very quickly and it's easy to follow and I know I can eat like this for the rest of my life. If you're having to buy special foods for your diet, you might find it more cost-effective to follow MFP instead.
This discussion has been closed.