Day 1 and New Here

Options
So, this is day 1 of me getting my life back. My health, my body, my mind, all of it. A healthy mind comes with a healthy body, and I fully believe that my mental health issues are due largely in part to my physical problems. After going on medical leave, I gained 35+lbs, because I grew depressed, started eating lots of comfort foods, discovered Pinterest recipes(the bane of my weight loss!), sitting around the house doing nothing if I wasn't cleaning, and became sleep deprived. My name is Sam and I am 22 years old.

Overall, I want to feel better, look better, and be able to do the things I used to be able to do. I want to get my body back, I want to feel sexy again, I want to feel and be healthier, and I want to eat healthier too!

I train with dogs, and while some may think "That's not so hard"... But when you have an energetic Border Collie mix and a purebred Beagle, they tend to keep you on your toes and are both go-go-go breeds that need me to be able to keep up with them. I don't want to be burning out before my dogs do anymore! Not to mention that a tired dog, is almost always a good dog!

I'm hoping that with proper pain management, healthy diet and proper exercise, will come reduced pain, better sleep, and better mental health too.

I'm currently 5'2", at 160 lbs and intend to lose AT LEAST 40lbs. I'll make new goals the further I manage to get, but figure that's a realistic goal for now.

Part of my motivation? I have a wedding in the summer and a gorgeous white dress that I want to look GREAT in!

Replies

• pinkpassionfruit
    Options
    Congrats for the taking the first steps to getting your life back! I completely relate to a lot of things you're saying from the healthy mind/body - I've had some issues as well over the last year or so. I'm working on losing upwards of 50 pounds. I've been doing pretty well of getting on here regularly and have made some new MFP friends. Feel free to add me - hopefully we can do this together!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Tough day to start... the day before Thanksgiving... Congratulations on making a great, life-saving choice at an early age. You can succeed. Just be honest about serving sizes overestimate how much you ate if need be... Track everything and don't overestimate exercise.
  • WinterDelirium
    Options
    I'm in Canada. I don't have the issue of Turkey! :D