Cute work out clothes!

Options
I've been looking for cute work out clothes but they're all sooo expensive. All my shorts are too loose so I get stuck wearing mesh track pants 'cause they have a drawstring or this one pair of biking shorts 'cause they WERE tight in my middle but now they're also getting too big. That leaves me with booty shorts or nothing. Eep. So I'm slowly looking/buying new work out clothes.

Anyway...last night I grabbed a couple cute work out panties and one pair that I know won't fit now but were SO adorable, I just had to buy them as motivation to get into them. I also got a cute tank top to work out in. It's light blue with black polka dots. I'm super excited to wear my new stuff when I work out 'cause feeling cute at the gym makes me want to work out harder so I can buy newer, cuter, SMALLER work out clothes.

So girls... if you need a little push, I would encourage you to get some cute work out clothes, even if it's just undies that no one will see but you!!

Replies

• luv2run4fun
    Options
    Target has a lot of inexpensive and often cute workout clothes. I teach fitness classes so I buy a lot of workout clothes and the quality of the clothes at Target is good!
  • slschouest
    Options
    I think your right! when i look in the mirror and i have on my sweats and a big tshirt, i feel like i'm twice as big. :( it's so discouraging! i think i might go shopping today!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I found some items at Marshall's (don't know if they have those where you live) - some underarmor and shorts at a big discount. Also found some on clearance at J C Penny's (online).

My trainer also suggested looking in the thrift shops about this time of year - when people who made resolutions got cut workout clothes for Christmas but have not followed through.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I hit up JC Pennys for door busters one day by accident and all their work out clothes were on sale. I was in heaven! I bought $180 worth of clothes for $70.
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Lol ya I just bought some super cute boyshorts @ Target about a week ago so I can't wait to wear them annnnd actually feel hot in them too!!! Woot! Keep up the good work! :-)
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Target is evil for workout clothes! Every time I'm there I just have to buy something :laugh: :sad:
    And where am I going today? To target. Thanks for the reminder :grumble: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Target does have a lot of cute relatively inexpensive workout clothes. I use workout clothes as a reward. If I have my eye on a really cute Under Armor or Nike outfit, I buy it once I've lost 5 pounds or met some sort of fitness goal. It's a great motivator!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    jsjaclark - Ick. I couldn't wear clothes I know somebody else might have sweat in. Bleh. I don't mind thrift stores but not for those kind of clothes. I don't know, gives me the heeby jeebies! lol

DG82 - Ooh! That's exciting. These were pink with blue bows and ruffles on the edges. Super cute but no way my large *kitten* can fit into that little tiny medium :) lol I got them at Rue 21 for 99 c so I figure if I don't make it that small, it won't be a huge loss. It's a good motivator, though! You keep up the good work too!! You're where I'd like to be, weight-wise! I can't wait!!

rostrum - Wow, lucky. I love those kinds of days! :)

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I'll keep looking at Target... I've seen their workout clothes but they're still more than I'd like to pay since my current stuff is too big already and it hasn't been long, y'know? I'm so cheap. :\
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheap-o, I go to goodwill most often! I even went yesterday and found the cutest pants and tank in green for a St. Patty's themed exercise outfit, $8 for the whole kit-n-kaboodle! Even found previously 2 outfits to match my fusia, grey and white exercise shoes! TJ Maxx is also a great place, and I'm sure Burlington Coat Factory. It doesn't cost a lot to look great while your sweating.. CLEARANCE CLEARANCE CLEARANCE! Also saves you money for the clothes you wear out, to look great there too!
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I got my very favorite super cute racerback tank and matching cropped pants at Walmart last spring, on supersale :D I think both pieces came to $15 total at the most, haha :) They look and feel like my more expensive workout items!
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who feels chunky when I wear a big t shirt to the gym! I got a cute top from TARGET too :) I'm actually wearing it today for my first outdoor run since last summer :happy:
  • jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    2 places I would never think to look for cute cheap work out clothes but always find great stuff are Old Navy or The Gap. Old Navy always has cheap workout stuff that's ADORABLE, and if you root around in the sale section of The Gap, you can always find their favorite T, which fits snug and girlie, for about $7 in basic colors like black, white and grey.

Happy hunting! :):flowerforyou:
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    also, try 6pm.com. the downside is you can't try anything on, but i've bought SO much stuff there lately. i got a speedo swim suit for $20, running tights for $32, and the perfect running shoes for $48. there's also a plethora of brand name clothes with deep discounts. and the best part? shipping is always $6.95, no matter what.