6'2, 264 pounds, male, 2000 cals?

Options
I'm curious what other guys with stats similar to mine normally eat. Anyone willing to share?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    That sounds way too low. If you input your data and set MFP for a 1 lb/week loss, what does it tell you to eat?

I am nowhere near your demographic but...female, 5'7", 145 and maintaining my weight, and I eat 1700 calories BEFORE adding exercise calories in!
  • Donkhooy
    Options
    For a 1 lb/week loss, it says 2260 cals. I have a sedentary job and recently (re)started some "light" exercise on my stationary bike, which I've been doing to add around 400 calories per day.

When I lost 120 pounds a few years ago (loosely following Weight Watchers), I feel like I ate a lot more than MFP seems to want me to so I wondered what other people's diets look like.
  • 3wdl
    3wdl Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm a bit shorter (also male) and MFP tells me 1,800 per day.

To be honest most of the time this has been pretty easy to do - and if I know I'm going to need a bit more (going for meal, etc) then I just make sure I get the exercise in!!
  • adstar20
    adstar20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 255lbs and 6'1" and my calories were set by my doctor after body composition tests. He set it at 2,000 calories but no eating back exercise calories. It has worked for me for the last two months. I started off being hungry at night but I think it was more a habit of eating at night because I never had trouble sleeping and I never woke up hungry.

However, if you are still hungry after a week at eating at this level, I would say increase it. You won't stick to it long term if you are always hungry.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    My hubby is only 5'6, and when he started he weighed 260. He's lost 42 lbs eating around 2000 calories, so sounds like you could up yours a bit!
  • dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10.5", and started at 262, and my nutritionist suggested 2200 calories per day, which has gone down to 2000, then 1800, and now 1700 as I have lost weight (I am currently at 225). This last number is from MFP for a 1.5 lb/week loss. On non-workout days, when I don't have my exercise calories, it's hard, as I typically have about 500 calories at breakfast, 500-600 at lunch, and then a 100-200 calorie protein snack in the afternoon. It's not uncommon to get home and only have 500 calories left for dinner.