Jillian Michaels - 6 week 6 pack

Options
Who has done the full 6 weeks and what were your results?!

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    bump. i am interested in the results as well.
  • KySny82
    KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd week of doing the program as part of a challenge here on MFP...I've lost 1.4 lbs so far. Our first measurements are scheduled for 11/12...if you'd like, I'd gladly keep you both posted :)
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    After seeing JM's form using kettlebells, I see now she is just doing this for the money, and not to actually help people. So I don't trust her or any of her videos, regardless if they are effective.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    After seeing JM's form using kettlebells, I see now she is just doing this for the money, and not to actually help people. So I don't trust her or any of her videos, regardless if they are effective.

The solution is clearly to post a video of yourself using proper form with your kettlebells.... naked.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Jokes on you, I'm a nudist by birth, I'm always naked.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I started it, then messed up my ankle so I had to take a break.
    So far, it's my favourite of JM's workouts.
    Your core is VERY engaged!

^ However, I do have to agree with this.
    There are some techniques that Jillian uses where it seems like her form is incorrect and if anything the awkward position you're in would seem as though you're doing more harm to your body than good. Point in case: quad stretches at the end of every cool down.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have heard that JM's kettlebell dvd is not well done. but most of the her other videos kick *kitten*.
  • Isatryli
    Isatryli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump! No one got results to share?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I have not done it straight through start to finish, I rotate it with other workouts. When I did it the first time, I did it for 3-4 weeks. I did lose inches, but my body fat was too high to actually start seeing a 6 pack.
  • caitlinen
    caitlinen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I haven't finished it yet... done a week so far and already seeing results!
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    day 1 today ...It's challenging , I do Ripped in 30 first and then 6 weeks 6 pack....I'll try to keep you posted :bigsmile:
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of maybe doing this after I'm done the 30DS. I've done it once before for the full 6 weeks but it's been quite a while.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I did 6w6p after 30DS, RI30 and KB&T so I didn't have much to lose but it's one of my faves. I was glad to see the end tho as I did each of the 2 levels fifteen times which was a long time on the exact same workout. I lost 2 inches and 4 lbs. I started NMTZ afterwards which I found to be a tougher ab workout! BUT - I didn't lose an inch and gained 2 lbs. Go figure! Hoping it's muscle. :smile: I'm finished that now and am starting JMBR. Enjoy 6W6P!
  • qteecurlz
    qteecurlz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    how did you log 6 week 6 pack on mfp?
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just watched 6w6p and Jillian calls it HIIT in level 1.

I'm getting excited for Monday and can't wait to be done 30DS this week! woohoo!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Certain moves is HIIT. I log it as Circuit Training, same as 30 Day Shred.