EDNOS....what you need to know about this disorder

Options
A friend told me to read this, it could possibly pertain to a lot of us on this site....

http://www.findingbalance.com/articles/disorders/ednos.asp

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Very interesting article and site. Thanks :)
  • Hevakmj
    Hevakmj Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks for the info :) I've been aware of EDNOS for a while now, and can definitely relate. It's interesting that people suffering from eating disorders that do not necessarily fit into the stereotypes of anorexia or bulimia etc, may start to get the help they need as more emphasis is put on EDNOS. In the mean time though, those who fit into the so called EDNOS category, not a lot is done because it isn't considered 'high risk,' even though it has the same physical dangers as anorexia or bulimia etc, and has the same psychological effects. Apparently more people die in the EDNOS category too, I forget the percentages, but I did read that recently.
  • ErinRexia
    ErinRexia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mm, yeah. You're not anorexic you're too fat, you're not bulimic, you don't eat enough. ...ugh. Yeah, I'm Ednos, if anyone want to talk, feel free to add me.
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for pointing out this really interesting article...I think that most of the people I know are suffering from EDNOS........facinating.

Tx
  • alan79
    alan79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yep that fits me for the last 2 years and highlighted this year, didnt know there was a name for it. Thanks for sharing the link.
  • smallsecrets
    Options
    I'm Marie. I'm EDNOS. feel free to come say hi to me<3
  • ohskinnyme
    Options
    <3 EDNOS here, too.
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    ENDOS here to! <3 love you all! <3
  • FoRizzleB
    Options
    ENDOS here too... <3
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Thanks for the link, this sounds pretty familar to me. I'm already at my original weight loss goal, but then I lowered it to 122. Now that I'm almost to that goal, I'm pondering going down another 5-10 lbs because, frankly, I'm scared to move up to "maintenance" calories. I can do a day or two at maintenance but then the guilt sets in and I revert back. Seems like there's an awfully thin line between dieting and EDNOS - not sure how one figures out which side they're on...