Ran a half marathon!!!

Options
About a year ago I couldn't even run a mile and a half without wanting to pass out, I am in the military so that is no bueno!! I kept reading articles about people signing up to do marathons and I thought, "I could never do that." Well I just completed my first half marathon 2 weeks ago! It was the most amazing experience of my life and I suggest everyone do one at least once, then you will be hooked. I am doing another in May and I plan to complete a full marathon by the end of the year! Keep working hard guys, set a gola and accomplish it, you will love yourself more than ever! :love:

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm still amazed that I can run a 5K but maybe someday!
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    About a year ago I couldn't even run a mile and a half without wanting to pass out, I am in the military so that is no bueno!! I kept reading articles about people signing up to do marathons and I thought, "I could never do that." Well I just completed my first half marathon 2 weeks ago! It was the most amazing experience of my life and I suggest everyone do one at least once, then you will be hooked. I am doing another in May and I plan to complete a full marathon by the end of the year! Keep working hard guys, set a gola and accomplish it, you will love yourself more than ever! :love:

Congrats on the Half Marathon! I am in the USAF and I did the USAF Half Marathon up in Dayton, OH on Wright-Patterson AFB last year and I will be doign it again this year. They do one every year! They have a 5K 10K, Half and Full Marathon every year! You should really look into doing it! It is so much fun and you get a chance to meet some really great people. Its not just for the Air Force it is open to all military and civilians! Check it out! Its very challenging and so much fun!
  • jenn_miles
    Options
    I was thinking of doing the full AF marathon but that is still up in the air for now, its a long ways to travel!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    That is so good. I'm just now getting into running myself and training for my first 5 k. I hope to keep going with this after the run is over and eventually be where you are today. Great job!
  • Ladybug610
    Ladybug610 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! you must feel on top of the world!!!!

I have dreams of being a true runner, but i kinda have the toroise thing going at the moment. But you're story is inspirational!!! Thank you!!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats! I have always been "not a runner, " but stories like yours keep making me question that.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way to being a runner!! I can't wait to do my first 5k. :) I bought my first pair of real running shoes the other day! I'm so excited.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an amazing accomplishment!
    I did my first 1/2 marathon last Oct. It was an experience I will never forget.
    Way to go on deciding to do a full marathon too!
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    That is so cool. Congratulations! I've been training for my first full-marathon and will run my first half-marathon in another couple of weeks. I'm excited. I've heard it's a really cool experience. Thanks for posting. It definitely motivated me to keep at it. Great Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!