Weight Loss, When Will My Mind Catch Up?

Options
So, I have lost 40 pounds to date, and still have 17 more pounds to go. It has been a seriously long process (2 years). So I have lost slowly. Which is ok, slow and steady right? Well, in my mind I still feel like that fat chick that I was. I am still shocked when I look thru progression pics. My jewelry is too big now (who knew my wrists and fingers were even fat). Whenever I try on new clothes, I grab two sizes and always go with the biggest first. The most amazing thing about this is being able to wear old clothes. I feel like Doug on the episode of King of Queens, digging out my old acid wash jeans that I haven't been able to get into in years. I am so amazed when these old things fit, in my mind I still feel like the plump mom, hiding behind my kids.

Replies

• nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So, I have lost 40 pounds to date, and still have 17 more pounds to go. It has been a seriously long process (2 years). So I have lost slowly. Which is ok, slow and steady right? Well, in my mind I still feel like that fat chick that I was. I am still shocked when I look thru progression pics. My jewelry is too big now (who knew my wrists and fingers were even fat). Whenever I try on new clothes, I grab two sizes and always go with the biggest first. The most amazing thing about this is being able to wear old clothes. I feel like Doug on the episode of King of Queens, digging out my old acid wash jeans that I haven't been able to get into in years. I am so amazed when these old things fit, in my mind I still feel like the plump mom, hiding behind my kids.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I hear ya!
    I've lost 25 pounds and waited 2 yrs to get my rings re-sized...of course now they are falling off
    I also have a hard time shopping and feeling comfy in my new clothes...which is odd since I'm supposed to feel so much better
    I battle in my mind all the time...was I really 'that' heavy (which I didn't think I was)...or am I (dare i say it) that thin now?
    I think I also notice other people more...what they weight and what size they might wear
    Hope i don't sound to crazy...LOL

Kim
  • bittersweet22
    bittersweet22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see that I'm not the only one that feels this way!! If I am not with my son, who is two, then I feel so, open to the world. Like everyone is going to stare at me because I'm a fat chick.
  • KetoCdn
    KetoCdn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i too have the same issue(if thats what we want to call it). Over the last three years healthy eating and exercise has become an important part of my life and i am able to fit into mediums and size 8 pants. I have and identical twin sister and currently we are 2 sizes different(she is a bit larger) and yet most days i know i wear smaller clothes but i feel like i look as big as her.. She comments `well if you feel large then what am i`. Its amazing our own perceptions of ourselves. If only we could see ourselves through other peoples lenses.. i think that would make a world of difference.