Has one tried Visalus??

Options
Guamybear
Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
A friend of mine wants me to start using it but I not fond of meal replacement shakes.. I told her I had to pass for now.. I need to eat real food to not feel deprived but might consider it when I lost more weight..

Has anyone tried it?/

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just ate at a deficit and exercised for free to lose the weight.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine wants me to start using it but I not fond of meal replacement shakes.. I told her I had to pass for now.. I need to eat real food to not feel deprived but might consider it when I lost more weight..

Has anyone tried it?/

Nope. Not necessary. Also, your friend might be trying to sell you something...
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    eat right
    work hard
  • Guamybear
    Options

Has anyone tried it?/

I am sure she is and she wants me to sell it too if I like it....but I told her what I am doing is working for me right now and want to continue it...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Pyramid scheme, stay away.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Has anyone tried it?/

I am sure she is and she wants me to sell it too if I like it....but I told her what I am doing is working for me right now and want to continue it...

Good for you. Stand your ground. There's nothing magical about any meal replacement product. They assist people in creating a deficit because the shake or two that the individual drinks, will be lower in calories than the food they would have been eating.

Unfortunately, most meal replacement companies don't share this nugget of info.

Anyways, keep doing what you are doing and don't waste your money. Spend it on food.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Has anyone tried it?/

Best of luck in maintaining your friendship. I sincerely doubt this is the last you hear of it from her.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My cousin is using the stuff, and when he stopped drinking the shakes for 2 weeks in between challenges, he gained 20lbs back. He is still trying to sell it on the family, but all of us have shut him down. he went from 569 to 4 something with natural but for him it wasn't fast enough, he started the shakes went down to 369 then back to 380 and is now down to 370, but he walks, swims and weight lifts.

I told him no when he tried to sell it to me, and told him that I will be able to keep my weight off and that i like working with my body instead of against it.

Also it is pyramid scheme, if you get three people to go on "challenge" with you, then you get your shakes free, but they have to pay for it and blah blah.....just stay away from it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Hug your $ close to your chest on this one and if all else fails...RUN!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    "Eat. Not too much. Mostly plants. "
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of friends doing it and they both have had allot of success. Each to their own. I wouldn't knock unless you try it and no before anyone asks I don't work for the company nor do I take their products. Has your friend tried it and has she lost any weight?
  • sheilahoff5
    Options
    I did it faithfully and didn't lose anymore weight than I did eating right. It's way over priced and it's a total pyramid scheme, people don't stop to think about why the people who sell it are making so much money - because it's extremely overpriced! Eat right, exercise and let others fall prey to Vi.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    The shakes taste good (I got a sample from someone I know), but I would never replace meals. I ordered some Jillian Michael's vanilla whey protein shake from Amazon.com, but I use it as snacks on workout days when I need a few extra calories. They do have good nutrition in them, and mixed with almond milk are delicious. Add some coffee and ice and you have yummy morning treat.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Also, your friend might be trying to sell you something...

Busted!!
  • Guamybear
    Options
    I have a couple of friends doing it and they both have had allot of success. Each to their own. I wouldn't knock unless you try it and no before anyone asks I don't work for the company nor do I take their products. Has your friend tried it and has she lost any weight?

I don't think she does the weight loss part but she is a lifter and does shows..she won't pressure me to get on it if I don't want it..she just really likes it..

I will stick to my food.. I love to eat to much to give it up..
  • Daxgyetmhanaak
    Daxgyetmhanaak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! I was *thisclose* to giving in to this Body by Vi business (a 'friend' has been after me to try it too). You are all right, eating well and exercising is still the only way to go *sigh* if only results came faster :s
  • Guamybear
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! I was *thisclose* to giving in to this Body by Vi business (a 'friend' has been after me to try it too). You are all right, eating well and exercising is still the only way to go *sigh* if only results came faster :s

i second that...
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have been doing these shakes. I like them. They are merely a part of my diet plan just like anyone else uses other brands. I like the nutritional value of them, and so far I've lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks.

They have a good fiber and protein content which fill me up and I am now eating much smaller portions than I used to.

I have seen good and bad things written about the Vi shakes, but I've also seen the same with every other supplement as well. I don't know, but they are working so far, and unless they stop working, I'm gonna keep using them.