I am Canadian....is Black Friday all it is stacked up to be?

Options
Cathcandoo
Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
I am bored so I am just looking for a reason to chat...,but ultimately I live very close to the US border and am wondering if it is worth my while to brave the crowds for Black Friday....

Inquiring minds want to know if there are deals to be found..,

Replies

• crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    cath ... i so will be out there in those crazy *kitten* crowds. i only have 2 things i really need to get i just love to see all the idiocy out there!!!!:laugh:
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I live in the US , PA to be exact.. And I've never done Black Friday but am I going to this year... I was wondering n the same Wth is so great? Where do u start? Lol and are the prices actually lower then any other point of the yr? Lol
  • renegade7779
    Options
    Black Friday is getting lots better here in Canada....I love checking all the deals out. My fav is Future Shop....awesome deals,
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    cath ... i so will be out there in those crazy *kitten* crowds. i only have 2 things i really need to get i just love to see all the idiocy out there!!!!:laugh:
    [/quote

Lynnette!!!

Let me guess!!! Lulu??? Yup you have a plan and you are sticking to it!!! Respect, sista!!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The day after Christmas sales are better.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've done Black Friday shopping only twice. The first time, I got a killer deal on hiking boots for everybody in my immediate family for Christmas. But it was so chaotic and people were being so rude, I swore I'd never do it again. Three years later, there I was. Got a super good deal on a digital video camera for my daughter's birthday. I've scanned the ads in today's paper and I don't see anything that I've gotta have!!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    If you're into being trampled, pulling someone's hair out for the last elmo toy, driving in ridiculous traffic that turns a 10 minute drive into a 45min drive and having your car broken into and all your stuff stolen, then I say go for it.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Only in America do we trample people for merchandise exactly one day after being thankful for what we already have.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'll save everyone's time.

Wait until Monday for Cyber Monday...Same deals, no crowds..
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If you're into being trampled, pulling someone's hair out for the last elmo toy, driving in ridiculous traffic that turns a 10 minute drive into a 45min drive and having your car broken into and all your stuff stolen, then I say go for it.

I think my ex was into something like that...
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    It's not a good black friday unless someone dies. I can't wait to see the crazy youtube videos.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends who you are. Things are supposedly on a really good sale, but you get really long lines and crowds. I went out last year with my boyfriend and it turned out that an hour after we left, there was a shooting there.

Personally, the sales are to get rid of old items, which will be even cheaper closer to the New Year. If you know how to bargain shop, it's easier than this stressful day.
  • scottyk2
    scottyk2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that some deals are worth it... It is an electrifying festive atmosphere and can put you in the holiday mood!! I say go for it.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's not a good black friday unless someone dies.

Um yeah, not to be rude but... I really hope you were joking. That's not cool, my friend.
  • thatsingergirl
    thatsingergirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm also Canadian. Black Friday is pretty much the same as Boxing Day, only people are crazier. There are some good deals, but I avoid shopping. Now there are sales all weekend, so IF I go, I wait until Sat/Sun.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yeah, cyber Monday is way better. Don't have to deal with annoying crowds or waking up at 3am to wait in lines
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    nothing good comes from it. I avoid the stores at all cost on that day...snuggle up on the couch with my puter' and amazon.com
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    eh there are deals, i only went once and it was horrible. i would say just shop online, some people like the rush and crowds though. not my cup of tea.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am a Canadian too, but I lived in California for a bit, and I have to say that there, the crowds and chaos were insane! Nothing like I have ever seen north of the border. Boxing day comes nowhere near. People are violent, brutal, rude, horrid...it makes for some pretty awesome people watching, but doesn't really improve your view of the world ;-). The deals, though, *are* amazing, so if you have something in mind that you want to get, it might be worth it to you. But I will never, ever do it again...

I'm assuming you're thinking Buffalo? I've done Syracuse and it was pretty bad, but not as bad as Southern California...
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    yeah deff cyber monday, i hate people. my finace workks in retail at a mall he has to be in at midnight until 4pm. i went to shoprite today and got him mass redbull gatorade and granola/protein bars lol