cant work out

Options
How do you not emotionally "beat yourself up" when you cant exercise? I've hurt my back and am sitting here thinking to myself that I'm just making excuses---that if I really wanted to I'd go to the gym ---then I get mad at myself---its such a vicious cycle......oh ya and I'm an emotional eater so I think to heck with it all I'm just going to eat crappy all night and that'll make me feel better. Then I'm right back to square 1---mad at myself for not being able to go to the gym.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I exercised with a ****ed up back anyway. It made a 2 week back problem into a 6 month one, but you know what. **** it. I'm a stubborn *kitten* like that.
  • ninamonique07
    ninamonique07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the site November 2012 although I don't have a back problem sometimes it's extremely hard for me to get motivated to go to the gym. You can do exercise at home or walk if weather permits. Check with your Dr. about exercise to be on the safe side.
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi I have long term illnesses which mean I can't really do exercise. I have found that I can do some gentle stretching, small amount of swimming and some slow walking
    Its about finding something you can do without causing any harm, my gp was lovely and sat down with me and talked through with me
  • binkydo123456789
    binkydo123456789 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    usually im awesome about going to the gym----i do 2 classes mon-wed, 3 classes thursday and 1 friday. I think more then anything im ticked at my body for not doing what i want it to. I think I might be a tad bit stubborn too :noway:
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with exercise too. I find that walking at a slow pace is the best for me. I only do what I can do for that day, some days are more some days are less. Walking is a great exercise and you don't have to overdo to get results. I have a bad back and am battling arthritis as well, but some excerise is better than none. Dr. always tells me to keep moving even if you hurt a little bit. As the weight comes off, the arthritis gets a little bit better. Hang in there and just tell yourself you can do this!!!:flowerforyou:
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Try and focus on what you can do rather than what you can't xx