scale reading very weird please help

Options
Hello I weigh myself 1 a week to see if im gaining 1 lb a week which is my target. I went to the scale today empty stomach like usual after i did the business in the Loo. I stood on the scale first it give me a high reading I panicked LOL. I thought I try again I did and the weight was diffrent it was teling me I lost weight. I then proceded to put my clothes back on because I weigh myself just with boxers LOL. I thought again it cant be it was same it said i gained. i tried again it said I lost. im confused did i lose weight or gain sorry if this is long. im trying to figure out my macros because im going to cutting soon.

thanks advance for answers

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Is the scale on a hard, level surface? Don't weigh on carpet or an uneven floor. That will mess up the results. If it is on a perfectly level, hard surface and still reads weird make sure you are standing on it correctly.

Replace the battery as a last resort. THe batteries may be low which is why it would give odd readings. You can check the accuracy of the scale by placing something of a known weight on it (like a dumbell) and seeing what it reads.
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Do you move your scale lots? Like, is it under the bed for storage, and you have to bring it out? Some scales can loose thier calibration when moved lots. It could also be you just stepped on it too fast. perhaps it wasn't finished calibrating.
    How old is your scale? maybe it's just time to replace it. things are not made to last,lol...otherwise companies would go out of business.

otherwise, try standing on it 3 times and pick the # that shows up the most. If always a different # go for 5 times.
    If it never seems to give you the same #, im thinking you need to buy a new scale.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Is the scale on a hard, level surface? Don't weigh on carpet or an uneven floor. That will mess up the results. If it is on a perfectly level, hard surface and still reads weird make sure you are standing on it correctly.

Replace the battery as a last resort. THe batteries may be low which is why it would give odd readings. You can check the accuracy of the scale by placing something of a known weight on it (like a dumbell) and seeing what it reads.

that is good i will do that next time
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Do you move your scale lots? Like, is it under the bed for storage, and you have to bring it out? Some scales can loose thier calibration when moved lots. It could also be you just stepped on it too fast. perhaps it wasn't finished calibrating.
    How old is your scale? maybe it's just time to replace it. things are not made to last,lol...otherwise companies would go out of business.

otherwise, try standing on it 3 times and pick the # that shows up the most. If always a different # go for 5 times.
    If it never seems to give you the same #, im thinking you need to buy a new scale.

it was still i waited untill it was at zero its a new scale just bought it recent
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Its broken. Replace.
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

it was still i waited untill it was at zero its a new scale just bought it recent

Are you still having difficulties?

Perhaps manufacture's defect? im sure if you have the sales slip you could get it exchanged.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

Are you still having difficulties?

Perhaps manufacture's defect? im sure if you have the sales slip you could get it exchanged.

im going to check tomorow again i weigh myself 1 a week
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My scale starting doing that and I bought a new scale. Problem solved. Uneven floor cause same problem.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    My scale starting doing that and I bought a new scale. Problem solved. Uneven floor cause same problem.

it was ok yesterday
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Things that are broken are alright until they break.
  • Pizzeygirl
    Options
    I've had this happen to me, so I changed the battery..
  • hello_miffy
    hello_miffy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If it is an electric scale which you move to switch on then make sure you push (tap) it to switch it on instead of lifting it. I've seen people on here getting weird readings due to this.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Mine was a mechanical scale and had been fine, then suddenly went nuts and went up and down 5 pounds a day - and no, it wasn't me.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    it seems fine now maybe uneven ground