One year on MFP today! A look back and a big thanks

Options
A little about the last year. Since I started MFP on November 21, 2011, I have lost 35 lbs and 27 inches and am now in maintenance. The interesting part of this is that from November 2011 to February 2012, I lost 20 of those 35 lbs, but only 10 inches (only workout being the treadmill). In mid-February, I bought my very first Jillian Michaels’ DVD – the infamous 30 Day Shred. Since February, I’ve completed SEVERAL of her DVD’s, only lost another 15 lbs, but another 17 inches!!! It’s why I love that woman!

To be honest – I didn't think I’d be here for a year. I figured I’d join, hopefully lose the weight (or not) and be gone. I certainly never intended on sharing personal information or making “friends”. But something funny happened…. This site and the amazing people on it, changed my life! I don’t see fitness and nutrition as temporary measures to meet a number on a scale. I actually love my workouts and take my rest days only when I have to. I don’t like the way I feel after eating junk food, so I don’t (mind you my definition of junk food and yours may be different – chocolate and red wine are food groups :drinker: ). I like feeling stronger and stronger every day. And, I love my MFP pals…they’ve made me laugh, and made me cry…. They’ve inspired me and always encouraged me. I’ve prayed for them and hope for nothing but the best for them. They hold a very special place in my life and in my heart.

Anyway, I’ve gone on long enough. To those who are just starting out, take it one day at a time. That’s all it takes….you’ll be amazed. Don’t look for a quick fix or for someone to do the heavy lifting (pardon the pun) for you. Do friend amazing people. To those of you who have met your goals and more, my sincere congratulations. I hope you stay – your pals need you and you probably need them.

Finally – to my friends – thank you, thank you, thank you. You’re all smashing it and should be well chuffed. :laugh: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:

Replies

• HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired. Thanks for sharing your story. You know you are one of my favorite pals. :) Congrats on what you have accomplished thus far.
  • nicolars1977
    Options
    you must be soo darn proud of yourself, its tough to even get past a week and here you've made it one year, your inspire me and on day (well maybe not) i'll be ripped like you running on the beaches in Jamaica (pause) yes i forgot Jamaica has a few nudist beaches where all the white folks go, finally i can be the first black one to roam around naked and not clear the beach, even though white people leave the sun at noon.(whimps) i dont see whats wrong with walking around looking like a damn lobster and trying to dance like a scorpion ran up their left leg. oh lord sorry i drifted again so back to you haha. great job congrats again your awesome and i hope your a friend for life, i hope i am the only token black girl.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome!! Congrats on your year and your weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that was a great heart felt message. Congrats and thanks for being a friend!!!
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thank you and I am proud to be one of your friends. You inspire me and I hope we both will be here maintaining for a long time to come.
  • mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations my dear friend. You have motivated me more than anything (and kick me in the a-- when i deserve it) and I am so proud of you! :)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Many congratulations (not so old friend) :drinker: :bigsmile: on your years achievement, you've done a fantastic job and been an inspiration and motivator:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your continuous dedication and success. One whole year of my fitnesspal! And what an eventful year at that!! I, like you didn't hold much hope when I first joined, I pretty much expected my ticker to stay at zero! But it just goes to show what a little time, dedication and motivation can do. Oh and wonderful support too, there are some amazzzzing and inspirational people on this site...and you are one of them! I'm just waiting for you to confirm my prediction that Jillian will hire you as one of her girls! Keep up the fantastic work, and Thankyou for being my friend! =)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    awesome and check out your arms ! wow