Pictures over the last year (40lbs/18kgs lost)

Options
missmaex
missmaex Posts: 18 Member
Hi,
I've had real trouble over the last year accepting compliments about my weight loss, as I was losing it due to illness and not struggling like many people do. But recently I have realized that despite that, it wasn't easy. I had to cut out dairy, deep fried foods, and a few other things, to manage my condition, and that wasn't easy. And the knowledge that I could do that tells me that I CAN work on my fitness and healthier eating. And regardless, I still feel happier and more confident in my body and have learnt a lot about my own health.
So I'm going to call it a success story and be proud of myself :)

So here's a link to my photobucket with some pictures over the last year. (unfortunately the more recent ones aren't great as I no longer have a long mirror)

http://s1274.beta.photobucket.com/user/missmaex/library/

I now only have a few kgs to go and toning up (plus generally getting healthier) :) Any motivation is welcome!

Replies

• camajade
    camajade Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look great. Be very proud of yourself. Not everybody that needs to cut out bad foods does so believe me, so be very proud of yourself. It doesn't matter why you chose to change your food intake, the fact that you did is an accomplishement. WTG! I hope that all that work has helped your condition also. I hope you feel as great as you look.
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    awesome! nice pics you look great! The wonderful thing about IBS and ARD (acid reflux disorder) actually all GERD conditions is that you can recover! it heals up.... so abstaining may not be permanent, in a year or two you might have recovered :) you just have to get the stress out rather then holding it in or pushing it in a corner.
  • missmaex
    missmaex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you both :)
    Its been hard, losing cheese was horrible, haha :( But I feel better for it and that's what matters.
    And Rockstar, fingers crossed! I think a large amount of mine is anxiety related now that I've got my diet a bit better managed, so I'm hoping that the exercise side will help my anxiety/stress.
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    your welcome! just keep your hands busy (knitt) get outside, find a list of activities (go online and see if you can find one maybe google it) and try them all out...You can do it!
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Great job! I agree with Rockstar...knitting is great for stress and keeping the hands busy. I do it all the time. And it's easy to learn. I don't know if you're a reader or not but that helps too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!