Thanksgiving healthy recipes??

Options
AngelChini
AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
I have been looking for healthy recipes online for the past hour and I just found salads. I am really considering to cook something delicious and tasty but healthy a the same time.(: does anybody have any ideas?(:

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for something similar to 'traditional' Thanksgiving dishes. Roasted or mashed sweet potatoes are healthier and IMO tastier than the sweetened casseroles. Try sauteeing green beans in a little olive oil with garlic instead of the traditional green bean casserole. If broccoli casserole is on the menu, make it with brown rice and reduce fat cheese instead of white rice and processed full fat cheese.

If leafy salads are not Thanksgivingy enough, why not try a quinoa or spaghetti squash salad? If mashed potatoes are a staple, replace half of the potatoes with cauliflower and the cream with fat free canned milk, and no one will even notice!
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oo good idea!(: I bought some brown rice today it's going to be a healthy thanksgiving aha(:
  • thejess
    thejess Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not even vegan and i want all these thanksgiving recipes in my belly! haha

mmmm High Protein Garlic Mashed Potatoes!

http://ohsheglows.com/vegan-thanksgiving-recipes/
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    no

^this
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    no

^this

agreed
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I make healthy recipes 363 days a year.... the other two (Thanksgiving and Christmas) are free game and full of deliciousness.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    roasted asparagus or butternut squash. baked sweet potato: bake at 300 for 2.5 hours = you'll thank me later :p
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i totally agree. i'd rather have a baked sweet potato that has been baked a long time vs any casserole.
    Are you looking for something similar to 'traditional' Thanksgiving dishes. Roasted or mashed sweet potatoes are healthier and IMO tastier than the sweetened casseroles. Try sauteeing green beans in a little olive oil with garlic instead of the traditional green bean casserole. If broccoli casserole is on the menu, make it with brown rice and reduce fat cheese instead of white rice and processed full fat cheese.

If leafy salads are not Thanksgivingy enough, why not try a quinoa or spaghetti squash salad? If mashed potatoes are a staple, replace half of the potatoes with cauliflower and the cream with fat free canned milk, and no one will even notice!
  • Jstkeepswimmin
    Jstkeepswimmin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    IVE been searching for the same thing, healthy recipes, but most of the healthy recipes, for my taste anyways(i'm picky) were not for me..i have tries some of the healthy substitutes, but tasted awful to me. so this thanks giving i decided to have a little bit of everything the size of my fist.lol..portion controlled, and no seconds..and double up my exercise..lol..
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe recently, that's amazing and pretty healthy, and decided to remake it for Thanksgiving: http://www.health-bent.com/sides/roasted-sweet-potatoes-with-balsamic-raisins-rosemary-and-goat-cheese. Pretty healthy. Yes, it's 3 tbs. of butter, but it makes about 8 servings so it's only about a tsp. in each serving. (Granted, this is the only semi-healthy thing that we will have at our dinner!!)