Looking for friends

Options
Hi,

I am pretty new to myfitnesspal.com/apps. Today is my first day that I actually started using it. I am very excited !!!

I have lost 90 pounds before in 2009, but couldn't keep it and gained back all in 3.5 years. I am starting all over again, but since i love exercising, cardio and weight training, I am hoping this will be tough but fun journey.

Along this journey, I am hoping to make some friends as well, and share some exercise ideas, and keep each other motivated.

I started today with cardio (30 min) + circuit training (10 exercises non-stop/15 reps each).

What do you do? How is it working for you?

Please add me as a friend to stay connected!

Best of luck to you all.

Burak

Replies

• runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    good for you! I will add you!
  • Pricanma13
    Pricanma13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Added!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to start your journey! I started about a year ago and lost 30 pounds. In March I took a 3 month sabbatical from work and traveled to Europe and Mexico and gained about 12 of those 30 pounds and I have not been able to get seriouly motivated until this week. I started a 21 day workout routine on Monday and it looks like this!!!

Monday Day 1- 20 minute High/low cardio intervals change up every minute, (upper body 20 reps 2x's through) flat bench press, dumbbell rows, military press, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks then 5 minutes of intense cardio and then 5 minutes of low.

Tuesday Day 2- 20 minute High/low cardio intevals change up every minute, (lower body 2x's through) 30 squats, Lunges 15 each leg, 50 calf raises, 50 reverse ab crunches, 50 Leg up and crossed crunches then finish up with 5 minutes of intense cardio and 5 minutes of low.

Wednesday Day 3...repeat day one

Thursday...rest day

Friday...repeat day 2

Saturday and Sunday...rest days or you can do 30 minutes of cardio. Diet is clean low carb/fat, protein balanced. (1200 calorie)

So far I have lost 2 pounds!!! Please feel free to add me as a buddy if you like. Good luck to you!
  • TCondor
    Options
    Welcome. I know where you are coming from. I'm trying to drop the 50 lbs I lost and gained back. I've been at it a little more than a month and am closing in on my first short-term goal ... to be under 200 again.

My focus so far has been on cardio but just this week I've started to add in some other exercises.

I'll send a FR your way