hot wings!~!

Options
KanCrav
KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
I was really craving hotwings today.... so instead I marinated chicken breasts in hotsauce and at it on a tasted wheat roll.... it was sooooo good..... just passing it along incase anyone else wants to give it a shot or make it better!~!

Replies

• hapemopirate
    hapemopirate Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I crave hot wings all the time . . . I've never thought of actually marinating the chicken in the sauce. What sauce did you use?
  • latinapride389
    Options
    That does sound good. Did you just bake it?
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    My husband and I do this too. It works great. We cook ours in the crockpot and then shred it and eat it on toasted bread with pickles! Thanks for posting, I think I might make it tonight. Now I'm hungry for it :laugh:
  • jquintinjr
    jquintinjr Posts: 191
    Options
    use franks red hot sauce. not the wing sauce just the reguar. its got no cals but as expected lotsa sodium
  • hapemopirate
    hapemopirate Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I played around with cayenne pepper and vinegar if I could make a lower-sodium marinade of my own. Sounds like a foody-adventure!!! :tongue:
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i love doing this! I also use non-fat sour cream (naturally yours) for a dipping sauce to cut the spice without ranch or bleu cheese.
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    PLEASE tell me how you did this... it sounds delicious!

I also like the idea of doing it in the crock pot!

No joke, my mouth is watering thinking about this, and I've never had it before... it sounds delicious!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    Mmm that sounds good! Thanks for sharing; I am definetly going to make that.
    Buffalo chicken dip is my weakness so I modified the recipe I have and I eat it with celery sticks instead of tortillas. I've also made my own pita chips too once in awhile.
    1 pkg fat free cream cheese
    Morning Star Chicken Starters (one serving) - shredded
    1 cup Franks hot sauce
    1 cup fat free bleu cheese dressing
    Let cream cheese soften and combine all ingredients in a casserole dish. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 min. Enjoy!
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    Mmm that sounds good! Thanks for sharing; I am definetly going to make that.
    Buffalo chicken dip is my weakness so I modified the recipe I have and I eat it with celery sticks instead of tortillas. I've also made my own pita chips too once in awhile.
    1 pkg fat free cream cheese
    Morning Star Chicken Starters (one serving) - shredded
    1 cup Franks hot sauce
    1 cup fat free bleu cheese dressing
    Let cream cheese soften and combine all ingredients in a casserole dish. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 min. Enjoy!

That sounds SO darn good! I'm definitely going to try that today!!
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    we grill hot wings. you can have 6 or 8 for 320 calories. (sauce extra!)
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this too - to cut down on the sauce I cook the chicken first (either bake or skillet) shred it up (or dice it) then just toss it in the sauce, it doesn't take much sauce to coat a couple of chicken breasts. that gives me the taste I crave with a little less sodium and hardly any fat. I've been eating it just by itself but could easily be put on a bun or in a tortilla roll.

I've done the crock pot too and it is good as well, just seemed to take more sauce.
  • SunnySmiles22
    Options
    that's my weakness too! I'm definitely going to try this! thanks!