Not just another Thanksgiving post...

Options
redheaddee
redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
...Happy Thanksgiving! Remember it is about being thankful for the family, fellowship, and YES, the food. Be thankful you have a safe, warm place to sleep and a full belly to moan about, because some are on the streets begging for scraps. Be thankful for the family that causes you to drink too much, because some people have not family at all. Be thankful you have a job you hate, because many would do anything just to sling burgers at BK. Be thankful for the children that cause your hair to fall out, because some parents have outlived theirs. Be especially thankful for the current and former military who have sacrificed for this country. "All gave some, some gave all."

Replies

• victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am definitely thankful for a lot. I would list it all, but I'd write half a page that wouldn't make any sense to anyone else. So yes, I'm glad for this time of year to be with the people who have pushed me to be all that I can be. :)

And omnomnom! Food. :)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Crazy_Diet_Mom
    Options
    Beautifully said. :happy:
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am Thankful for my wonderful supportive and a bit annoying family. They make life worth living. I'm also Thankful that I found this great site and some great people who have made this journey all the better.

Hope you all have a great holiday however you spend it. :heart:
  • 4everdieter
    4everdieter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of the my fitness pal family. . I know we are all trying to lose weight but just for one day go off the diet for a bit and enjoy yourself. Work out a little harder on Friday. It's a day to be thankful for what you have. I am thankful for my family, husband and yes even for the job I have. I am so blessed by the Lord and I hope you are to. Have a Happy and wonderful day.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Makes me a little sad though that "rate the person above you" and "Married, one night stand, or rejected" are on multi series replies, and my humble little post has 6. But I am thankful that I have so much to be thankful for, and it also makes me sad that so many don;t even realize the gifts they are graced with.

OK, that is my expenditure of sappy for the year.

/scene

LOL