Motovator of a lifetime

Options
years ago my personal hero (Franco Columbu, Mr Universe, Mr Olympia) if you've never heard of him he is Arnold Swartenegger's best friend and has been in all his movies, was giving a talk here in Fairbanks. Well I was still in a wheelchair full time then listenend to his talk and when it was over I went outside to wait on a cab well he came outside and talked to me 1 on 1 for about 25 minutes. (I'm so glad the cab was slow) Because of that I went on to compete (in the disabled catogory) In Vegas won first place Mr Universe (INBA) and 3rd in Ca in Mr Olympia (INBA).

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That's a great story and gives me hope...I walk with a cane because of nerve damage in my left leg. I really want to start lifting weights and bulking up once I rid myself of the fat on my body and I often wondered if it WAS possible given my physical condition and you've proved that it is. Thanks for the post :)
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    wow!! that's awesome!!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    A-mazing. :)
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love to hear stories like yours. My husband has been involved in coaching Wheelchair tennis for the last 8 years, and one of his athletes once told me that he did not consider himself physically disabled, as much as he considers himself mentally able. More people need to be like you, and realize that it is all about putting your mind to anything you want to do. I hope that you meet all the goals in life that you set to acheive. That is what makes a beautiful person, inside and out!!!!
  • cagirl1968
    Options
    That's awesome!