How is everyone dealing with the holidays ???

Options
2»

Replies

• Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I figure enjoying a couple of special days a year won't derail me, just make me appreciate them more. So I plan to eat what I want within reason and not worry about anything. I've got a second "mini Thanksgiving" with family I can't be with on actual Thanksgiving combined with a birthday celebration for my younger brother on saturday which I will also enjoy within reason and its all back on track on Sunday.

No harm, no foul (well yes there will be fowl!) and no cause to worry.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

I bet you you found a sleeping bear, you'd poke it with a stick, wouldn't you?

C'mon, be honest.

:drinker:
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    eat-all-the-food.jpg

On the inside I'll be screaming that, but in reality I will eat what I truly want, in sensible portions, track it the best I can, and try to get some extra activity. My husband and I throw a pretty awesome Christmas Eve party and I serve only foods I love, and they're mostly very fattening. Just enjoy it and get back on track as soon as possible.
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    So far so good, I'm expecting to be down in the morning and yes i'm sure i will eat to much, but then i will take a nap and then go for a walk, and fryday will come and i will be back on track. You have to make it the way you want it to be. Its just one day and left over turck is good for you in moderation!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Just fine thanks for asking! :bigsmile:
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    To help deal with it, I bought a big pumpkin cheesecake. And then I'm going to eat it.

263631_10151318644840395_1882568909_n.jpg

OMG, I want a piece!:tongue::love: :flowerforyou: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'm wearing my extra loose pants tomorrow.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I have to work... so to me...know big deal...I've worked every thanksgiving for the past 15yrs...just another day to me actually...but the holiday $$$$ is a bonus........:smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    That's two epic meals, and one night of drunkenness. I'm looking forward to it.

Why only one night of drunkenness?

you caught me. one month of drunkenness.

beer-chugger.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

yoga pants ftw!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

yoga pants ftw!

Skirt and stretchy leggings for me!
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It's going to come, I'll log it then get back on right away. I try to log it all as best I can!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Workout like usual, eat anything I want for thanksgiving, workout as usual.

It's all very complicated.
  • nswezey89
    nswezey89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Hi, my name is Joseph, and I have a problem with Thanksgiving.

Hi, my name is Natalie and I have a problem with pumpkin pie. lol
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It's one day out of the year. Eat what you want. It will make no difference in the scheme of things as long as you don't do it for a week +.

Personally, I'm working Thanksgiving night. I always do. But if I were to celebrate it, I'd eat all the foods.
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling to recover from disordered eating (B/P), so I was really worried about Thanksgiving. Try putting a binger who hasn't felt "full" for years in front of a table full of fatty goodies. Oh my goodness... Disaster waiting to happen, lol.

After talking with my therapist, I came to the conclusion that I want to be able to enjoy food. I'm sick of the starve/binge cycles I've had to deal with. It sucks to hate food! Last year, I refused to eat (I was restricting badly) and I was MISERABLE during the holidays. And not eating made other people feel uncomfortable about eating around me! Plus, when everyone was drunk, full, and merry I was starving, grumpy, and tired. Not cool..

So... This Thanksgiving I'm challenging myself and stepping out - eating with my family, having fun, and savoring what I eat (without going out to purge afterwards!). I realize now that one day of indulgence (even over-indulgence) is not going to do me harm! In fact, I have a feeling that it's going to help me reinforce the normal relationship I need to have with food.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy to stress over a bit of food right now. We just accepted an offer on the house so it's a mad scramble to pack and get it ready for the new owners.

For holidays, I tend to graze at parties and family functions. I go for cheeses, sausage and veggies.
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am just going to enjoy Christmas , i have the rest of the year to be on track .xx
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

yoga pants ftw!

Skirt and stretchy leggings for me!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Aus but I fully intend to go pants-less at Christmas! None of this stretchy stuff :)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat.....eat.....eat....and oh yea....eat!

It's a couple days out of 365....it's not going to make your break anything you do.

It's a time to not really give two craps about what you eat, and just be around family and have some damn fun!