Does your ticker...

Options
show your overall weight lost from the begining or just from when you started MFP?

me personally, it only shows how much I have lost after joining MFP ( I lost 7kg on my own before that)

I'm thinking when I reach my goal I can reset my settings to what I have lost in total to put things in perspective and be proud of my achiemenet, because if I do it now I will just get lazy and think "well I have already lost so much no need to lose more kinda thing". What about you??

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    In my case, they're one and the same thing - when I decided to try and lose a little weight, I did a quick search of the 'net to see if there were any helpful sites to record my food diary. Stumbled across MFP and created an account...
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Mine is the total since joining MFP...

Before MFP my heaviest was 134kg's (or that's how heavy I was when I weighed myself and deciding enough was enough!)
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    In my case, they're one and the same thing - when I decided to try and lose a little weight, I did a quick search of the 'net to see if there were any helpful sites to record my food diary. Stumbled across MFP and created an account...

That's nice :)

I wish I discovered it at the start, but better late than never haha :happy:
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Like the OP, I had started to try to shed weight a little before finding MFP - only 1.7Kg (3.75lbs), but I have used that as my start point. Although I have been involved in the 30lbs by Christmas group since its inception, I have used for the end point of my ticker my ultimate goal of 75Kg (165lbs) rather than my goal for the group, which is 78Kgs (172lbs)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Same here. I have done it all here.
    Someone mentioned it to me, and immediately went to this site and signed up. I didn't start immediately though. It was a few weeks before I quit procrastinating, and told myself that putting it off until tomorrow (what I usually did) doesn't work.
    So far, there has been no looking back since.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Same here. I have done it all here.
    Someone mentioned it to me, and immediately went to this site and signed up. I didn't start immediately though. It was a few weeks before I quit procrastinating, and told myself that putting it off until tomorrow (what I usually did) doesn't work.
    So far, there has been no looking back since.

Inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I changed it to show my weight loss from the beginning. I gained back some weight after I quit smoking. It'd be super depressing if it only showed my weightloss since joining MFP, since at this point it'd be close to 0.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    since joining :)
  • tomdVT
    tomdVT Posts: 30
    Options
    Since joining.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    It's my total weight lost. I joined MFP in March and had lost 37# then.
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine is since joining.... I lost about 100 pounds, then gained some back, then joined MFP and started losing again. It says 53 now.... if I went from where I started it would be 103. If I saw 103, I might just sit back on my laurels. But you can see the difference in my profile pic.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    My total weight loss. I dropped 11lbs before I started on here. But, I'm looking at the total picture when I consider my weight loss, so I count it on my ticker as well.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    There was only a little over one week time between when I decided to get fit and when I joined MFP, and I didn't get on the scale until I signed up here, while I might have lost a pound, maybe two with water weight, I have no way of knowing.